History Channel becoming more annoying?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
popcorn.gif

LOL.

This "Hairy Bikers" thing, I'm just stupefied as to how or why a show like this is even on the History Channel at all........
When my kids were little we had cable for a few years and there was "The Learning Channel" which was appropriate for such things, it was my understanding that the nature of the channel was to bring new things to you that you wouldn't otherwise know about, you know, so you could, um, learn about new stuff.

This Hairy Bikers thing, this is just stupid. And all the tin foil hat BS about UFO's and aliens and end times and Nostradamus and 2012 and all the other conspiracy nuttery, what is up with this?????? Are they smoking crack over there?

TinFoilHat_puton.jpg

I see Hearst and Disney are big stake owners in the network. Where are they taking this? Why don't they just spin off another channel devoted to the tin foil hatters and even another for the other non history, non tin foil hat shows??

There's some good stuff on the History Channel but NOT MUCH..... And they continuously water it down more and more every month... :(

Just for fun! :D

1. Go to google
2. Type in "that dude with the crazy hair" and do not press enter! (and without the quotation marks)
3. Click on "I'm feeling lucky"
4. Laugh your a## off.

:D

Hey what the heck is up with the History Channel now?

I have an app on my iPhone that tells me when new episodes of my favorite TV shows air and I was checking through it this morning and I saw that TWO new episodes of "The Universe" aired last night, the premier of Season 6, episodes one and two.

Last night all I saw on there was some stupid TWO HOUR show about "zombies" and that even more stupid show, "Top Shot"..
All night long those two things cycled until infomercial 3am. :mad:

I looked on Wikipedia and on The History Channel website and they both state that last night Season 6 began.

The Universe — Season 6 Episode Guide — History.com

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Universe_(TV_series)#Season_six_.282011.29

I really like this series and have recorded every episode to date. Except the newest ones. :mad:

I checked on TitanTV and they don't list any episodes of The Universe playing over the next 7 days.
They do show that an OLD episode from November 10, 2009 aired a few days ago at 2am in the morning.

This is really the pits... :mad:

All I can say is that I am so glad that it's free because it sure isn't worth paying for! As is most TV.

Why / how is it that they ran stupid "zombie" cr*p when everything, everyone says they ran "The Universe" ???
Is this some wizardry of the Hotel Network? Are they covering over shows with BS of their choosing? :confused:

Hairy Bikers. Farm Wars. Top Shot. Top Gear. Ancient Aliens. Monster Quest. Swamp People. Stan Lee stuff. Decoded Tin Foil Hats...

:wtf:

the old history international

Aw man! And of course that's not on FTA.... So they are showing a GREAT show on an obscure channel and the loony toon BS on the main channel? :wtf:
That's BS!

I guess it's time for me to buy a Blue Ray player. When the season is over I guess I can purchase the entire season on Blue Ray and enjoy it super high quality without stupid commercials...

It's all a Capitalist plot to force us to buy Blue Rays! :mad:

yep last night on H2 it was on there...per zap2it (you can go back a day on there)

7:00 PM The Universe "Gravity"
8:00 PM The Universe "The Search for Cosmic Clusters"
9:00 PM The Universe "Catastrophes that Changed the Planets" NEW
10:00 PM The Universe "The End of the Earth: Deep Space Threats to Our Planet"
11:00 PM The Universe "Gravity"
12:00 AM The Universe "The Search for Cosmic Clusters"
1:00 AM The Universe "Catastrophes that Changed the Planets"
2:00 AM The Universe "The End of the Earth: Deep Space Threats to Our Planet"

I suppose when they first envisioned the History Channel, they thought of the so so many scripts they could use, derived from the incredible history of the world. Maybe they miscalculated some when they eventually figured they had to pop for all those period costumes, props and stages. It's cheaper to do contrived baloney like "Top Shot" or "Ghost Search" (or whatever the name of that show is).

Still, I do enjoy "Pawn Stars" and learn a little history watching it. Same with "American Restorations". But last night they had a whole hour on what to do if zombies invaded. Right - an invasion of the undead. Please. "Ice Road Truckers" ? "Around the world in 80 ways"? Kind of contrived.

But last weekend they had an analysis of Thermopylae and the battle between Xerxes' forces and 300 Spartans (saw it before but it was still good) and the sea battle with the Athenian commander Themistocles. Enjoyable. Educational. Why I like History

yep last night on H2 it was on there...per zap2it (you can go back a day on there)

ALL those shows, are things I really, really, really like a LOT.....

I can't believe that they put the good stuff on a channel you probably can't get unless you have a premium pizza Super-dooper double solid gold plated platinum subscription for $299 a month..... :mad:

Those shows sound like shows I would want to watch in HD, unfortunately H2 is not in HD. I don't think there is even a HD back-haul feed of it in the sky.

$300 a month? Dont know what site you've been looking at but they are much cheaper than that per month ;)

Did you check the website or something like hulu or itunes? Usually they have the shows on there

Those shows sound like shows I would want to watch in HD, unfortunately H2 is not in HD. I don't think there is even a HD back-haul feed of it in the sky.

yes it is

H2 HD is a 720p high definition simulcast of the channel launched in mid-November 2009. It is available nationally on Dish Network and regionally on Time Warner Cable, Brighthouse Networks, AT&T Uverse and Cox Communications.

Status
Please reply by conversation.