Status
Please reply by conversation.

msgph

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Hi All,

Beginning a few days ago, I noticed most of my OTA channels weren't showing up in the guide, nor could I access them by manually typing in the channel (41-1, for example). I have about 25 OTA channels available to me, but only two are showing up in the guide. I verified in the antenna set up area that the boxes are still checked next to the channels, so they should be displaying in the guide.

I have the HMC/H34 and an AM21. No issues for the first three months with this set up.

Has anyone had this happen? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited:
Sounds strange. Have you tried resetting through the menu?

is it channels that are scanned in (so no guide info) or is it all channels?

If its just the ones that are scanned in there is a glitch. I have it happen once in a while (usually after a reboot). What I do is type in the channel (5-3 as example) then from the info bar remove from my favorites then add it back. It will show back up

If its pretty much all the channels you will have to go into the antenna setup and reset it (there is an option that says reset defaults or something like it). It will allow you to go do an "initial install" again to fix that.

edit: sounds like the 2nd option is what you need to do. Reset the antenna portion (like you're moving to a new area), let the receiver download the guide then do the initial setup of the locals again

I read elsewhere that this happened to several folks the night DTV moved the Viacom channels. For me, a red-button reset cured the issue. Others have recommended a local channel scan.

Thanks, everyone!

Glad it worked for you. For future reference, a menu reset is a better method than a red button reset. That should only be used when you have a frozen receiver/dvr.

It's the same reason you should reset your computer through the start menu instead of using the on/off button. It turns off the receiver/dvr, which is a computer, by design rather than simply unplugging it and plugging it back in.

It's the same reason you should reset your computer through the start menu instead of using the on/off button. It turns off the receiver/dvr, which is a computer, by design rather than simply unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Makes perfect sense, thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts