HomeCable dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crosspaws

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Haven MI
:confused:I have been looking for a C-band dish to play with that is not to big, I came across a "HomeCable" 6ft system and wondered if it will work for c-band testing? I have not been able to find much on this dish system. Some help please. I am new to your forums and it looks like this might be the place to find some good info on C-band. I think I will have to spend some money to get this system so before I do I hope to get a little more info on it. I think "HomeCable" was bought by "Sky TV". That is all I know about it so far. Thanks for any help I can get.

:welcome to the group

i've heard of HomeCable Concepts HCC which i think was a rebranded general instruments receiver and usually a unimesh dish. although a 6 ft dish might be on the smaller end of big dishes it should work fine for most of the c-band signals. photos of your find would be great and help to quickly identify your find.

Show us some pictures of the dish, the motor if it's got one, and the LNB (take off the cover).
If the mesh is in passable shape, it should do C-band as well as some other 6' dishes the members have.
Look for posts by Iceberg (our moderator).
He's got two 6' offset dishes on C, and often comments on what he can get.

HomeCable dish

:) Thanks for the quick responce! I thought I was at the right place. It is a mesh dish and in good shape. I don't know how or if I can take some of it apart (the current onwner may take exception to that) I will get some photos of it the next time I get by it. The dish does have a what I think you call a actuator on it. I will get some photos. I currently have a ku 1.2 m dish on a motor and with the loss of 123w fta I am looking for more fun.

Oh, "money", eh? :eek:

How much are you charging him to remove it? :rolleyes:

We need to talk! - :D
Depending on your needs, we may recommend you look elsewhere.
To be determined.

The 6 footer will get you some digital c band. There will be feeds you cannot lock with a 6' dish since it is undersized for the link budget of some feeds. a 6 foot dish can see more than 2 degrees of sky meaning it will get some neighboring satellite interference which can be detremental to reception on weak feeds.

If the holes are small enough and the dish is not warped you should get some ku if the dish is equipped with the appropriate feedhorn. I am not a fan of the combo c and ku lnbf's.
If you can get an analog receiver and a corotor feedhorn with c and ku lnbs it will perform best.
You use the analog box to move the dish and change polarity on the feedhorn's servo motor.

Iceberg uses a 6' prime focus dish and it performs well for him. He gets most everything in the sky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)