Hooked up Lan cable and getting streaming to it from PC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Just because I have my xbox and replay hooked to a wireless router at my tv and I noticed my new HR-20 had a plug for LAN cable, I hooked the Reciever to my wireless router. What do you know it is already working! Probably missed this posted before as I am not a new member but new to Directv forum.

I am able to stream my PC's saved Pictures and Music to my TV via the DTV reciever. Kinda cool. So I guess this port is functional!

In setup it says you need some Via program or something. I only have windows media center and its streaming fine.

Is this a sign of video streaming from PC to come?

I hooked my HR20 to my network. I did the setup where it confirms a link to Directv from the internet. But I don't see anywhere on the menu that gives me the ability to view pictures from my PC. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Scott

For Vista its as simple as setting up Media Sharing. It will then see the HR20 and then you have to allow it to see the server with permission toggling.

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center

Change. Find the Unknown device and allow.

You can also do this in Media Player. Tools - Options - Library - Configure Sharing

The best way to get the folder of choice sharing is to open up Windows Photo Gallery. Define the folder using File - Add Folder to Gallery

You can do sharing here too. File -Share with Devices. Make sure when you pick the Unknown Device, you select Settings so pics are shared.

Give a few minutes for the shared folder to show on the HR20

Attachments

• MediaSharing.gif
    MediaSharing.gif
    129.6 KB · Views: 194
  • PictureSharing.gif
    PictureSharing.gif
    180.4 KB · Views: 178
For some reason the HR20 is not showing up on my network as an unknown device. Although my Linksys router shows the device on its status page, just not showing up any of my computers. Any thoughts?:confused:

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)