Hooking up the HDMI cable:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JTOUPS

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
When I hook up my HDMI cable from my Directv reciever to my HD TV, will this cable also allow to view the regular channels? Or will I have to switch to HDMI for the few HD channels, then switch to another a/v connection to watch the regular digital channels?

Thanks for the help

When I hook up my HDMI cable from my Directv reciever to my HD TV, will this cable also allow to view the regular channels? Or will I have to switch to HDMI for the few HD channels, then switch to another a/v connection to watch the regular digital channels?

Thanks for the help

The HDMI carries all of your sound and video regardless of resolution. It's the only cable you need between your STB and TV.

Thank you for your help!

Do you think the quality of HDMI cable makes a difference? I ordered a Monster ultra 1000 cable for my directv, but I also have DVD player on order (which required a HDMI cable also.) Do you think a lesser priced cable will give me the same quality?

Thank you for your help!

Do you think the quality of HDMI cable makes a difference? I ordered a Monster ultra 1000 cable for my directv, but I also have DVD player on order (which required a HDMI cable also.) Do you think a lesser priced cable will give me the same quality?

CANCEL THE ORDER FOR THE MONSTER CABLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any hdmi cable will work as well as the Monster Cable will, and for alot less. Check these websites: www.monoprice.com and www.svideo.com

Thank you for your help!

Watch your HDMI availability. Does your TV have multiple HDMI inputs? Do you use a home theater receiver with HDMI switching? You may end up with 2 cables and only one jack.

i've ordered two hdmi cables from monoprice and they have been great.......not to mention, inexpensive!!

Yes, my TV has 2 HDMI inputs. So I'll be able to connect to A/V sources.

I bought a 6 foot HDMI cable from ehdmi.com and it was less than $12 total including shipping.

CANCEL THE ORDER FOR THE MONSTER CABLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any hdmi cable will work as well as the Monster Cable will, and for alot less. Check these websites: www.monoprice.com and www.svideo.com

I checked these sites out, but have a quick question or 2...What do the ratiings of the cables mean?? "CL2 Rated" and "24AWG"?

Also, what exactly is HDMI 1.3? I remember seeing that somewhere but not sure what it was referring to.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)