Hopper 3 Available Jan. 30th

Definitely agree. Its a new release, and so many people are rushing to get it and it is probably putting a strain on DISH's infrastructure.

BUT, I am very excited and just want to get my upgrade set up haha! Been messaging with Mike, but still waiting (patiently of course). Thanks to DIRT for helping out.

I understand. Being a retailer I'm use to having the new equipment a few days before the release but for some reason some customers were able to get it before retailers were. I still don't have m y equipment the I ordered last week. Should be here Monday.

Whats funny is the strain its causing... and really only SatelliteGuys members know its being released today.

Ahh the power of SatelliteGuys. :D

What's even more funny, or maybe just embarrassing, is that when I checked the other site yesterday there was no word of it.

What makes somebody a Plan B customer vs Plan A ?
My guess is length with the company and the amount of money you spend.

I've only been a customer for 7 months, But I am also on auto pay.

And that $200 was for a 6 room setup by the way.
And actually they waived the $150 and It will only cost $50

4e6982f19407ce9d056ab1acc65a74e0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
What's even more funny, or maybe just embarrassing, is that when I checked the other site yesterday there was no word of it.

There is still no mention of it now. Just a bunch of people who know nothing about what they are talking about trying to say what the Hopper 3 can't do... when they have never saw or touched a Hopper.

I can't tell you how much misinformation like that pisses me off.

I was gone fishing for a few hours and finally got caught back up on here. It seems people are starting to get a little carried away with their impatience. You should all know that this is common on the first day of release with a major new product like this. Similar things happened when the Hopper first came out.

I't important to stay calm and be patient. Not everyone is going to get installed today or even tomorrow. Not everyone is going to get a free upgrade either. I know some may have gotten it for free but it won't be the same for everyone. I'm sorry if you don't feel it's fair but not everyone's accounts are the same.

I would have had someone out tomorrow morning, but got an error. This kind of crap always happens to me...

I would have had someone out tomorrow morning, but got an error. This kind of crap always happens to me...

It's going to be OK. We have barely known for 24 hours that the Hopper 3 was going to be available today and either did a lot of Dish employees apparently. I'm a retailer and don't even have the equipment to do my own install yet. It upsets me some but oh well. Why would you want an installer in your house on a Sunday anyway?

There is still no mention of it now. Just a bunch of people who know nothing about what they are talking about trying to say what the Hopper 3 can't do... when they have never saw or touched a Hopper.

I can't tell you how much misinformation like that pisses me off.

I just looked over there again and one posted stated the release date in the Hopper 3 thread. I don't think anyone even noticed. The only thing going on there is some poster who can't type complaining about how Dish lied about the Hopper's features. I'm tempted to join there just so I can educate them.

I don't believe they take the remote... the Remote Control is normally the dirtiest thing in your house and I am sure no one wants a used remote. :D
The last time my HwS died, they gave me the option of shipping it (4-5 days in my experience) or since I had the protection plan, a tech could replace it the following day. I took the following day option, receiver was swapped, he cut off all of the connectors and replaced them, etc, etc and at the end, took the old receiver and remote. I didn't care but didn't remember until he was gone that we didn't transfer timers and so on.

I visited DBS Talk earlier this week (without logging in) and I never liked nor disliked the site (I don't need two sites that cover the same thing and I just picked this one many years ago). Anyway, it doesn't look good over there.... The lack of activity is glaring just by looking at the last post dates in many threads and so on.

I visited DBS Talk earlier this week (without logging in) and I never liked nor disliked the site (I don't need two sites that cover the same thing and I just picked this one many years ago). Anyway, it doesn't look good over there.... The lack of activity is glaring just by looking at the last post dates in many threads and so on.

Very boring over there. Also a lot of bad information from some posters.

It's going to be OK. We have barely known for 24 hours that the Hopper 3 was going to be available today and either did a lot of Dish employees apparently. I'm a retailer and don't even have the equipment to do my own install yet. It upsets me some but oh well. Why would you want an installer in your house on a Sunday anyway?

Why wouldn't one want an installer in their house on a Sunday?

I was gone fishing for a few hours and finally got caught back up on here. It seems people are starting to get a little carried away with their impatience. You should all know that this is common on the first day of release with a major new product like this. Similar things happened when the Hopper first came out.

I't important to stay calm and be patient. Not everyone is going to get installed today or even tomorrow. Not everyone is going to get a free upgrade either. I know some may have gotten it for free but it won't be the same for everyone. I'm sorry if you don't feel it's fair but not everyone's accounts are the same.
Did you catch anything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)