Hopper 3 Available Jan. 30th

I have no idea what tier I am but it was free other then 1 dollar to my credit card and they will be here tomorrow between 12-5 to install my new hopper 3 YEA!! I just called the regular dish people it only took 20 mins.

I just looked over there again and one posted stated the release date in the Hopper 3 thread. I don't think anyone even noticed. The only thing going on there is some poster who can't type complaining about how Dish lied about the Hopper's features. I'm tempted to join there just so I can educate them.
Your posts would be erased and you'd be banned.

Reactions: Scherrman
They didn't say anything about my Joey 1.0. Will I be able to make sure the tech swaps it out when he comes tomorrow with a 2.0 or even4K if needed?

They didn't say anything about my Joey 1.0. Will I be able to make sure the tech swaps it out when he comes tomorrow with a 2.0 or even4K if needed?
the tech should do it because it's part of the installation rules for the Hopper 3. The problem I could see is that Dish's training with new equipment is uneven so it's hard to say if your tech will know or not.

If you have trouble with your tech, print out some of the literature here and show him.

Reactions: Ngamtns706
I expect the initial install stories to be as...ummm...interesting... as the stories of folks trying to order one today! :D

the tech should do it because it's part of the installation rules for the Hopper 3. The problem I could see is that Dish's training with new equipment is uneven so it's hard to say if your tech will know or not.

If you have trouble with your tech, print out some of the literature here and show him.
Are you allowed to make changes when the tech comes? Say I wanted to do the 4K for example? I just don't want the 1.0 on it. Thanks for your reply btw.

Are you allowed to make changes when the tech comes? Say I wanted to do the 4K for example? I just don't want the 1.0 on it. Thanks for your reply btw.

i believe you should be able to make changes, but the problem is whether he actually has a 4k version on his truck or not. Sometimes these guys carry just the equipment on the order.

If the guy calls you ahead of the appointment, you may want to confirm whether he has the equipment on your order on the truck (and the Joey 2.0).

If you already had a Joey 1.0 on your account, they they should add a Joey 2.0 to the upgrade order to replace it. While it would probably work with the H3, the Joey 1 is not one of the officially supported Joeys for it. Like sparc says, you might be able to get the tech to install a 4K instead of a 2.0 if they have one, but the tech may also have to get approval to do so, due to the add'l $50 fee that comes with the 4K Joey.

Are you allowed to make changes when the tech comes?

Certain you can. However be mindful the tech will have to call and modify the order taking up time and risking he may not have eq for the change. It's best to have the order right to begin with if possible.

how did you determine you have a joey 1.0? There's no visible difference between a joey 1.0 and joey 2.0. The difference is all inside the box.

Post the firmware version on the joey and we should be able to tell you.

how did you determine you have a joey 1.0? There's no visible difference between a joey 1.0 and joey 2.0. The difference is all inside the box.

Post the firmware version on the joey and we should be able to tell you.
My firmware it's slow and my online account says so.

Current software indicates the specific version # in one of the menus. Don't recall the steps right now myself...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ok thank you for the info. They should install the 2.0 then. I'm going to need to join this site with all the info I get from everyone. I sell the stuff and you guys know a lot I don't.

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts