HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

DISH has already dropped the previously reported $350 Hopper 3 upgrade fee for C rated customers to $150. So Hopper 3 upgrades are now going to be either $0 or $150.:)

I see that they modified that.
They are really, really pushing this ! With all of the focus they're putting on the Hopper 3, including giving it away for free to many existing customers (and as KAB points out, that $150 charge will surely drop), makes me concerned about how they'll "support" the Hopper 1 and 2 models (as far as s/w goes).

They are really, really pushing this ! With all of the focus they're putting on the Hopper 3, including giving it away for free to many existing customers (and as KAB points out, that $150 charge will surely drop), makes me concerned about how they'll "support" the Hopper 1 and 2 models (as far as s/w goes).

Now that's a good question. I'm think the Hopper 1 and 2 will eventually go the way of the 922.

If it cost us $150 is that a fee we can just add to our dish bill... And how long will I have before I have to return my hoppers... Would like to transfer over some things to my EHD

If it cost us $150 is that a fee we can just add to our dish bill... And how long will I have before I have to return my hoppers... Would like to transfer over some things to my EHD

If going through Dish I think it will just show up on your bill. When returning equipment I believe they expect it to be returned within 30 days but I wouldn't expect your recording to stay available that long. Last time I tried they were gone within two days.

The H3 is supposed to be available on the 28th. Start transferring now. The fee is usually added to your bill.

Dumb question but I can unplug it from one hopper and plug it in to the second hopper with no issue correct??? Don't want to mess up my Ehd haha... Need to get a second one but waiting for funds

Thanks for the quick responses

Dumb question but I can unplug it from one hopper and plug it in to the second hopper with no issue correct??? Don't want to mess up my Ehd haha... Need to get a second one but waiting for funds
That should work because its tied to the account. Try it. If it asks to format the disk then you know it won't work.

But they are already offering the Hopper 3 for free right away for some customers, unlike the Hopper 2.
But, see, the definition of "some customers" is unclear. I've been a customer for 15 yrs, GREAT credit, but still....

Well, you are either Plan A, B or C as an existing customer. That's about all there is to know. The names of the ratings have been the same for a very long time but the criteria has changed numerous times.

But, see, the definition of "some customers" is unclear. I've been a customer for 15 yrs, GREAT credit, but still....

My account is 8 yrs old. For the most part I've been on the low end of the programming. I also used a lot of refer a friends over the years. Bill is never late and paid on time. Haven't ever called and asked for credits either. Forgot to mention, I've also been out of contract for many yrs.

With that said I'm a plan A. I'm not sure what qualifies it, but appears my criteria has it. If I were a guessing person I'd say you're A as well.

Thanks for the quick responses

There should be no problem. I was advised by Dish, when they found that my current HWS has a bad hard drive, to purchase an EHD to transfer my recordings for use with the replacement Hopper they will be sending me. So it should be just a matter of plugging the EHD into the new Hopper for it to be ready to play the existing recordings.....

.....or at least that is how it had BETTER work after I forked out a total of $110 for it, including backup service, etc.

There should be no problem. I was advised by Dish, when they found that my current HWS has a bad hard drive, to purchase an EHD to transfer my recordings for use with the replacement Hopper they will be sending me. So it should be just a matter of plugging the EHD into the new Hopper for it to be ready to play the existing recordings.....

.....or at least that is how it had BETTER work after I forked out a total of $110 for it, including backup service, etc.
If i'm reading your post correct..if your hard drive is shot.. the external drive is going to be useless to... as you will not be able to transfer your recordings from your old hopper to new hopper..

Reactions: Hall
I've only paid to upgrade from a 622 to a 722K ($50) and from the 722K to the Hopper (again, $50) and as I recall in both cases, I had to pay (by credit card) on the spot.
I seem to recall an immediate payment when I upgraded to the 721. But that was MANY years ago.

Now that's a good question. I'm think the Hopper 1 and 2 will eventually go the way of the 922.
I think the HWS will become the 612, and the H3 will be the powerhouse.
Without VP9, I'm beginning to suspect the H3 may be the 922 of our day.

The faster and wider VP9 spreads, the more the pressure will mount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts