HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Being a shareholder helps too. I have 3 40.0 remotes, one is the same item #186228 (Part #192091) on the back label as the one that shipped with the H2K except it's made in Mexico instead of China and the other one is #186217 (Part #186214) which is made in Mexico. It basically comes in the 40.0 Remote Replacement Kit boxes.

How do you search for a program in the guide by title? When I go into search and start typing letters it is searching by channel name. I can't figure out how to search by TITLE in the guide. Also, how to setup a saved search by title (and by info/description)??

Actually, I'm transferring to EHD. But I'll pair the 40 to the H3 after I finish transferring the stuff to the EHD and remove the H2K out of the equation. Otherwise I'll just use one of the spare 40.0 remotes DISH automatically sends me once a year for the past 2 years but better to use the old one first. Thanks everyone!
Why do you get sent new remotes every year?

I have no idea except since 2013, I have a UPS dropped off package of a Remote Replacement 4.0 Kit sitting at my doorstep once a year. I guess having 1,000 shares of their public stock helps as a shareholder.

Interesting. Are those share doing any good for you?

How do you search for a program in the guide by title? When I go into search and start typing letters it is searching by channel name. I can't figure out how to search by TITLE in the guide. Also, how to setup a saved search by title (and by info/description)??

You can, it's just that your total guide has not updated. After a lot of trial and error the group figured out that even if 1 Joey or the Hopper is turned on (not in standby mode) then it will not download the guide. If you don't get a downloaded guide then you can only get channel searches.

The problem is that the Joey's, and I think the Hopper, comes set to not go into Standby ever. At least I know that all my brand new Joey's had that option (NEVER) set as the default. If the Hopper sees that anything connected to it is not in standby more (bouncing square press select icon) then it won't download program guide information or tiles.

I fixed it and it worked immediately. For a week I couldn't get a download, then 2 days ago I went around and set all the Joey's to 2 hour standby mode and the Hopper for 4 hour. Then I manually put all the Joey's in Standby (power button) mode. So if nothing starts to download around 4am'ish that will mean that all receivers are in standby. The day I did it, everything was populated the very next morning.

So check all your equipment and make sure that Standby after xxx is turned on. Also good practice when you are don't watching a show in a room to not just turn off the TV but the Joey as well. Once all the devices go into standby the Hopper will start to load the program info and, as if by magic, all searches start working.

Interesting. Are those share doing any good for you?
I bought at $21.86/share in 2011, it's now $42.27 after the drop from the $79 high in November 2014. So it atleast made almost 100% even after the drops. Not as good as my Apple though which is $1.37 a share, I bought in 2004. Every $1.37 is a 100% gain. My gains in QLD which is basically leverage 200% of the NASDAQ 100 has gained 400%.

Reactions: Scherrman
I would venture to guess there are behind the scenes system issues. Where it sees certain things on your account and says no when it should say yes. :) Let us know how you make out in 48 hours. :D
Just chatted with Dish and they said I could upgrade to a hopper 3. Three or four days ago it was a no go. Don't know what changed. There will be a $95 service call charge and a $3.00 a month increase.

You can, it's just that your total guide has not updated. After a lot of trial and error the group figured out that even if 1 Joey or the Hopper is turned on (not in standby mode) then it will not download the guide. If you don't get a downloaded guide then you can only get channel searches.

The problem is that the Joey's, and I think the Hopper, comes set to not go into Standby ever. At least I know that all my brand new Joey's had that option (NEVER) set as the default. If the Hopper sees that anything connected to it is not in standby more (bouncing square press select icon) then it won't download program guide information or tiles.

I fixed it and it worked immediately. For a week I couldn't get a download, then 2 days ago I went around and set all the Joey's to 2 hour standby mode and the Hopper for 4 hour. Then I manually put all the Joey's in Standby (power button) mode. So if nothing starts to download around 4am'ish that will mean that all receivers are in standby. The day I did it, everything was populated the very next morning.

So check all your equipment and make sure that Standby after xxx is turned on. Also good practice when you are don't watching a show in a room to not just turn off the TV but the Joey as well. Once all the devices go into standby the Hopper will start to load the program info and, as if by magic, all searches start working.

Thanks. My Joey 2 was setup with Standby OFF, set it to 2 hours, my Hopper 3 was set for 4 Hours standby (left it alone). When I click Search now and type in a letter such as 'C' it's showing shows by title that match 'C'. But what happened to being able to show a channel listing by the letter(s) entered? That's actually quite useful but I don't see anyway to get back to that search "mode".

Also, if I want to setup a saved search I could do that easily with the Hopper 2, type in a search string then there was an option to create a saved search (shows up as Seek in the Timers), how is that done with the Hopper 3? And there is no way to search by info/description? I remember being able to do this with the Hopper 2 in the past then they got rid of it (or buried it somewhere I couldn't find it), I miss that.

Now, in addition to no "real" program tiles in my recording (DVR) view after 6 days, I've discovered that I cannot keep more than FIVE folders following any reboot - they are GONE and any recordings in them are moved to outside of any folder. OUCH!! I've tried re-creating several times - no luck.

Weird thing happened Sunday... Signal kept going in and out on Sunday... Didnt think much about it until last night when I could hardly pull any kind of signal... Did a check switch and either 61.5 or 72 would work but not both at the same time... Checked the Hopper upstairs and it works just fine... Called dish and come to find out... When I moved on Jan 1 the tech installed the new lnb and solo hub... Not sure why he did it but didn't complain as I knew dish was coming out with something big... That was the day I posted on here about 16 tuners

So basically the solo hub is hooked up to my hopper upstairs and the one downstairs goes in and out but worked perfect for a little over a month when it shouldn't have

Upgrade scheduled for Saturday morning for H3

Nope my understanding is its policy now for the installer to leave the old receiver behind and the customer mails it back.
Scott - I would like to upgrade my Hopper 1 to an H3 --- I was told to contact a DIRT team member to start the process. I don't see anyone with a red indicator light other than you. Can you point me in the right direction?

Okay just a Few H3 questions.

Does Netflix work now?
Don't care about the 4K Netflix, just HD

Also is the WiFi stable , or is Wired ethernet still preferred?
We do a lot of VOD, so I want a stable connection .

Also, do the Newer Joeys come with the New remote like the H3?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts