HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

you just contradicted yourself in your own post. just sayin. if hoppers power the lnbf and directv poer inserters power the lnbf, then what is the difference?
21-29 more volts.
Big difference.
Not all Directv LNBS are Powered this way only SWM.
And a Dpp44 also requires more power then Just the receivers.
That's why you don't terminate the Multiswitchs outputs.
But a power pass is not Hot until you plug a coax in it to make it hot, in which it impossible to Terminate or cap.

Just for the heck of it I contacted dish support this morning asked if they could talk about the hopper3 yet.He could not just the info that dish has published about it.He also said it should be released in mid February.

Just for the heck of it I contacted dish support this morning asked if they could talk about the hopper3 yet.He could not just the info that dish has published about it.He also said it should be released in mid February.
Don't believe what phone support says, they often are the last to know. I think I read that some here have already bought theirs (from a distributor/retailer) & received UPS shipping confirmation, that doesn't sound like mid-Feb.

Don't believe what phone support says, they often are the last to know. I think I read that some here have already bought theirs (from a distributor/retailer) & received UPS shipping confirmation, that doesn't sound like mid-Feb.

Last I checked, mine was in Jacksonville, Fla. The retailer/distributor (whatever they are) I got mine from is advertising them on their website as "Now Shipping" for $279, so evidently they have a stock of them.

Last I checked, mine was in Jacksonville, Fla. The retailer/distributor (whatever they are) I got mine from is advertising them on their website as "Now Shipping" for $279, so evidently they have a stock of them.
Why is it so top secret where you got yours from ? I have a good feeling that Dirt will be able to hook the rest of us up starting later today :) Are there any detailed install instructions if we decide to install it ourselves ?

No one touched on the the rational behind the 75-ohm termination of unused ports. Some think it's for weatherproofing, some aesthetics. The coax in your satellite system is a unbalanced transmission line. The impedance of the connectors, coax cable, splitters, etc. in the system is 75 ohms. If you inject an AC voltage into a transmission line, there are reflections anywhere there are changes in impedance. The bigger the difference in impedance, the bigger the reflection. An open port on a splitter causes a reflection back into the system. Placing a 75-ohm terminator on the port causes the signal to be "absorbed" by the load of the 75-ohm resistor located in the cap of the 75-ohm terminator.

Now, back in the days of analog cable, reflections would be easy to detect by the ghosting of the video channels. In the digital realm and MOCA, reflections can cause excessive errors or dropouts.

I am surprised that your terminator was just a wire shorted against the outside cap, BD. The one I pulled apart decades ago had a very small 1/8 or 1/16 W resistor soldered to the cap with the other lead of the resistor as the pin (or "stinger") of the terminator. A dead short would generate a reflection just like an open circuit.

I my case of the twin RG6U w/ground cables coming down the side of my house from my Dish 1000.4 to a twin ground block (and then off to my ViP 722k and 211k) I had asked on how Dish would install the Dish 1000.2 and Solo Hub, my concern being what they would do with the unused half of the twin coax. Since the 2nd output from the Hybrid LNBf won't be powered I hope it won't be attempting to transmit a signal down the used cable and a passive "drop cap" will suffice to protect the coax from moisture intrusion.

I'm not just thought I would throw it out there lol...

Why is it so top secret where you got yours from ? I have a good feeling that Dirt will be able to hook the rest of us up starting later today :) Are there any detailed install instructions if we decide to install it ourselves ?
It's not top secret, it's just that I don't want to advertise for the dealer, since a member kind of got chastised for telling that he had them in last week and throwing the name about a bit too much, but DishDepot.com a dealer in Southern Florida has them in stock.

Reactions: charlesrshell
What Foxbat said above...

And that's why (reflections) if you need to use barrel connectors, ensure they're rated for frequency and impedance. Don't skimp. Don't kink the cables too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: JSheridan
Echosphere who sells to retailers and supplys distributors is saying. Originally it was supposed to be released on the 28th but now has been bumped up and does not have any info on when it will be released. :(

Echosphere who sells to retailers and supplys distributors is saying. Originally it was supposed to be released on the 28th but now has been bumped up and does not have any info on when it will be released. :(
How can they be trusted when a number of people here have ordered their own units and they have shipped ? Not just a label created, but the package is moving...

How can they be trusted when a number of people here have ordered their own units and they have shipped ? Not just a label created, but the package is moving...

I do some work for a retailer. Build orders, order equipment and install.

I talked to them this morning and just passing on what they told me.

open box... "Thank you for purchasing a new Hopper with Sling system!"

grrrrrr.....

I hope that doesn't happen!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It's not top secret, it's just that I don't want to advertise for the dealer, since a member kind of got chastised for telling that he had them in last week and throwing the name about a bit too much, but DishDepot.com a dealer in Southern Florida has them in stock.
I miss that member too. He hasn't posted since 17 Jan. He is a long time supporter of SatGuys and has lots of Posts and Likes. He helped me out years ago with a severe local channels timer issue I had when DISH launched Eastern Arc. I hope he starts posting again. He is a big help to SatGuys IMO.