HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

Scherrman just order 1 from the same place the others have. Chances are you'll have it in your possession before the release date. No sense feeling left out.

I ordered a 4K Joey too, I was going to post pictures of it, but he sent me an email that it shipped today via Post Office. I don't have a 4K TV yet, but I am thinking about getting one for my office/study later this spring. I would get one for the main TV I watch in my living room most of the time, but I read, and have looked at the side viewing angles of most LED sets and the colours are washed out looking. I have a 60" plasma in that room now, and I really like the way that Plasma does with off angle viewing. I don't really want to shell out $5000 for a LG OLED set right now, so I figured I will try 4K on the TV I watch the second most first. Maybe in a couple of years the price of the OLED sets will come down to what the LED ones are today.

Reactions: hahler2
You can go ahead and swap out the LNB and node. Then be ready to call Dish at 12:01am on whatever date they go live.

Yep. Should be able to hook up the whole system up until the point where it tells you to call and activate it. Although I'm not sure about it's initial download though.

I would like to go ahead and get the modified 1000.4 dish that I have up, but I don't have a WA DPP 1000.2 LNBF, all I have is the DPH one. I dont think that the DPH LNBF will work with DPP33 swithces and Hopper nodes will it? I have four HWS units, and I only have solo hubs for the H3, so I guess I will have to wait until they start activating them to get that all installed.

So if I get a hopper 3 it has to be on the western arch ? Right now I'm on the eastern . Please don't tell me that is what has to be done in order to get a hopper 3?

I for one thing dread all the 86 timers I loose when I move from my 722 to the H3. I have used the dishanywhere site to set timers often before, because searching for a show is so much nicer. But I cannot for the life of me understand why they couldn't add a few more lines of code and add a timer backup feature there.
Good thing is I heard that the Hoppers can backup timers. How does that work on the Hopper anyway? (GAWD I am behind in Dish hardware, HUH?) LOL

Good thing is I heard that the Hoppers can backup timers. How does that work on the Hopper anyway? (GAWD I am behind in Dish hardware, HUH?) LOL

It actually happens automatically, but you can manually do it via the menu if you want. It is really a cool feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts