Hopper any good?

The Hopper saved my marriage.... Well not really but its almost that good.

Welcome and if you have any specific questions ask away.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When growing up I had DirecTV, then Dish. When in college I had Mediacom. My business has been selling Dish ever since they started and with the experience I've had the Hopper system is the best I have seen hands down. I do not have any experience with DirecTV's current equipment though so I can't say if it's better than that.

Love mine after just two days. VERY slick! Only con is not being able to change nightly update time from 1AM. Being a frequent night owl, a bit of a hassle.

Don't underestimate the need for more than three tuners in your situation. You can get two Hoppers and have 6 tuners available.

Hopper is the best system with DISH, IMHO.

Love mine after just two days. VERY slick! Only con is not being able to change nightly update time from 1AM. Being a frequent night owl, a bit of a hassle.

I never knew this. I'm always watching TV at 1am. Perhaps the update time can be made more user flexible with a software update. It would seem 3am or 4am would be a better time for upgrading.

Don't underestimate the need for more than three tuners in your situation. You can get two Hoppers and have 6 tuners available.

Hopper is the best system with DISH, IMHO.
He never detailed his situation. Three may be just fine for him, as it is for me.

Or even 3 Hoppers for a total of 9.

dieselguy1999: As I have a diesel pickup and a diesel Jetta, I most especially welcome you.

It might help if you told us how many HDTVs & SDTVs you would like to service, and have you had a DVR in the past, plus how sports inclined you are. And what city you live in/near.

KAB said:

Glad to hear you are loving it friend. I wondered how the install went. I also agree with you that we should be able to change the time, not ready sure why that was taken away.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

He never detailed his situation. Three may be just fine for him, as it is for me.

I never said he did detail it. I just cautioned to not underestimate the need for more than three tuners in his situation. Plenty here have posted about needing more tuners than the three they initially opted for. Just be honest in the assessment as it could save you money if you need to expand the number of tuners in the system after the initial installation.

gpflepsen said:
I never said he did detail it. I just cautioned to not underestimate the need for more than three tuners in his situation. Plenty here have posted about needing more tuners than the three they initially opted for. Just be honest in the assessment as it could save you money if you need to expand the number of tuners in the system after the initial installation.

Agreed. More than 2 TVs definitely needs 2+ Hoppers.

P.S. OP :- as if you can't tell from my signature, Hopper is awesome!

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

The Hopper was an improvement for us over the VIP722K and VIP612 just with the common repository of recordings.

And we could not use the PTAT feature because we were using Dish DNS. Since the Dish DNS stopped and with AAD DNS we still could not use PTAT and still the Hopper was better for us.

And now since we get Locals with the change in Dish DNS policy, we can use PTAT for the first time as we winter in Texas and PTAT is the whipped cream on the top for the Hopper..

I'll answer the OP in the same detailed manner in which it was asked...

Yeah, Hopper is good. :)

Just got mine today, left Directv and an HR34/Genie.

Menus are taking awhile to get used to, but they've improved a lot of things over the 722 when I had it, and I love the look of GUI. Its also super fast moving around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts