Hopper Installation Training Materials

GaryPen said:
It shows a single-node coming directly from an LNB for a single-hooper/single-joey setup. But, I would need to continue using my DPP44 switch with that setup because I have a 1000+ setup for International channels.

So, can I just hook two outputs from the DPP44 to the single-node inputs?

Yes, provided power inserter is connected before node.

Hall said:
Damn Scott, I know you really like satellite stuff, but we don't need to know that ! :D

God! We are just friends hmph!!

*rollseyes*

Sent from my fingers.

They should allow self install & then when someone calls in for help & needs a truck roll charge them accordingly & then some.

BobaBird said:
Thanks for these! I haven't been able to get page_04.

Absolutely. Try to give everyone a leg up before the training.

Sent from my fingers.

Last edited:
GaryPen said:
Perfect. Thanks. I can just use existing wiring, just inserting node between switch and lines going into the house.

Now, if only Dish will allow self-installs...

If you buy the equip you can do whatever you want: but if I roll out on a tc and you have a tripod screwed to a dog house hardlined suspension over to the eve: you will pay for the rebuild. Upfront.

Sent from my fingers.

It would be awesome if there was an upgrade path available through the DIRT team to get the necessary equipment for a self install. I would think that most of the regular visitors to this sight would be able to do this install as well as (if not better than) some installers.

isaacmorseMI said:
I agree. It's pretty simple. I have 3 lines coming in from my 1000.4 now that will go in to the Duo node and then out to the Hoppers and Joeys.

You guys forget it HAS to be up to code. If your lnb fails and we have to come out to supply you with a new one we have to fix any mounting cabling or code violations.

And we do not get paid to do all that extra work.
Just because you feeo it ia done good enough soesn't mean it is up to DNS standards.
Sent from my fingers.

isaacmorseMI said:
I agree. It's pretty simple. I have 3 lines coming in from my 1000.4 now that will go in to the Duo node and then out to the Hoppers and Joeys.

You forgot to ground........;-P

And connectivity...... Har har.

So how would I hook up my eastern arc 1000.4 with a 118.7 wing dish to a hopper with 2 joeys?

Similar to what the diagram shows. 3 Lines from 1000.4 and 1 from 118.7 wing to a 44 switch. Power inserter is installed on port 1 of the 44 switch. 2 Lines from ports 2 and 3 to the Solo Node. No differences from there on in.

Actually, scratch that. I'm assuming it is currently setup with the wing dish fed into the input on the 1000.4 LNB. Nothing changes, just take two output lines from the LNB and install the Solo Node. No 44 switch needed.

Your concern for "up to code" is touching. I've had at least 4 installers visit at the two places I've lived with Dish, and none of them showed the slightest interest in grounding anything. I always run the coax for them, they always mount and aim the dishes and activate the receivers.

Gee, if I shift over to H/J, I wonder what the odds are that the installer will decide I need a grounding run?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)