Hopper - Locks up after 2 hours and reboots. What to do?

senchin441

Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
East Coast
My Hopper and Joey's are experiencing strange problems that just started in the last 48 hours.

After approximately 2 hours of being powered on, the Hopper will lock up. I cannot change to another channel. If I go to a DVR event and attempt to play it, I get Event Code: 00. It will not perform a disk check etc. It's locked. The only thing I can do is press the Reset button to reboot it.

After a reboot, everything seems to be functional again. Does anyone know what Error Code:00 means?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

GM

Please check your "Inactivity Timer". Set it to Disable. That's Yellow+Diagnostics+Updates.
Otherwise after it expires it will shut it down.
But that does not sound like your problem as yours is not turned off?
Also check Yellow+HDMI-CEC in the case that something else is turning it off.
-Ken

I think the hard disk is failing. After approximately, 45 minutes and applying those settings, I attempted to change the channel and the system will not change channel. Extremely sluggish response. In addition, things are acting extremely strange. For example on the DVR page it says I have 0% Full with 222 Recordings. In addition the channel I was watching says time left this show at 4488383 days 6hr etc. Something does not look very healthy. So I guess the question is this, is this a hard drive failure or a system failure?

I have had similar problems since the latest version of software was downloaded
1: Caller ID stops working.
2: Sluggish response.
3: Spontaneous reboots.
4: Spontaneous shutoffs.
The last one I fixed by disabling HDMI-CEC and there have been no more occurrences. The others require a red button reset or a power down reset and then I am good to go for about a week but the problems eventually come back.
It's possible that my Hopper is dying but I have heard about others with similar problems.
I have had no problems with OTA or EHD.

My Hopper is doing the same thing, just freezes up and reboots right in the middle of prime time watching tv in the evenings. I finally called dish today and we 'reset' my hopper. have to wait for it to happen again before they will send me another one. good grief.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)