Hopper news updates

I set a timer for all four network 8pm shows and two other non-pta 8pm shows. Six individually set timers total + the PTA timer. All 6 shows recorded. The 4 PTA shows are in my PTA folder and saved in my main DVR folder. The two non PTA shows are saved in my main DVR folder. I could watch and switch between any of the 6 shows live on both Hopper and Joeys.

Great test. I tried experimenting with mine but I was unable to check it out. Had to put my boy to bed. Glad someone got to try it out though. Very good information to have.

This is great news (for me) however for me, I can not get PTAT to work at all. Install was yesterday for one Hopper and one Joey and went well. I received all HD locals and PTAT is set to Enable but last night...nothing. Is there something elase I dhould be doing???

When participating in the upgrade promotion, yes. If you purchase the equipment you can avoid the contract, very expensive though.

I am a news junky. I watch CNN and MSNBC most of the time. I cant figure out why anyone would want to record all the prime time news every night, especially since it is hours old and is negligent in revealing the story behind the news. I really cant justify a Hopper for two people with two receivers that work fine. Can someone enlighten me??

SQUEEZON said:
I am a news junky. I watch CNN and MSNBC most of the time. I cant figure out why anyone would want to record all the prime time news every night, especially since it is hours old and is negligent in revealing the story behind the news. I really cant justify a Hopper for two people with two receivers that work fine. Can someone enlighten me??

It records PrimeTime programs on the big 4 networks, not the news, unless it is at 10 PM ET or 9 PT. You don't have to use PTAT at all if you don't want to.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Some people like chocolate, some like vanilla! :D:D

I like HD ice-cream no matter what room I eat it in.

And I want to be able to keep eating it if I change rooms.

I also like having 6 flavors of ice-cream to choose from in a single bowl and not 3 bowls with 2 flavors in each.

Last edited:
If you access your recordings through DRA (not DO) guess who is on the pic for 2 and a half men.....TOO FUNY! ! !

Last edited:
Has there been any hints as to how well the Hopper/Joeys have been selling and if any upcoming promotions may be in the works? I have seen people hint that calling back in May might yield better pricing. Not sure if this is an upcoming promotion or just people waiting to see if their customer status changes and upgrade costs are consequently lowered. Any word on the street or tasty rumors?

Has there been any hints as to how well the Hopper/Joeys have been selling and if any upcoming promotions may be in the works? I have seen people hint that calling back in May might yield better pricing. Not sure if this is an upcoming promotion or just people waiting to see if their customer status changes and upgrade costs are consequently lowered. Any word on the street or tasty rumors?

Rumors? On this website? Perish the thought! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts