Hopper Problems

dawiz

Original poster
May 6, 2012
TN
I have had my Hopper for about 8 weeks along with 2 Joeys. My problem is that when I turn off the TV that the Hopper is attached to, sometimes the Joeys lose the connection to the Hopper. Sometimes I can turn the TV back on and all is good, and other times I have to do a reset on the Hopper. I have tried not using the remote to turn off the TV and sometimes it still does the same thing. Of course, sometimes it works fine. I didn't have this problem when it was initially installed. It has just started in the past couple of weeks. I tried changing the code to the remote for the TV, but no change. I am also having problems connecting to my Sling Adapter. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. That problem is for another day.

Any suggestions? I hate these "sometimes" problems.

i saw a post like this a while back but it was a similar issue on a 722. thought maybe the person just did not know how to work their tv, lol. but now that i see a second post, i'm curious. wonder if you have the same brand tv as on the other post. ill try to look it up.

Mine is an LG, just in case that helps. The odd thing is, I can actually turn it off on the TV and the Joey still loses connection. I know, this don't make sense. It sure doesn't to me.

in another thread the HDMI CEC was causing freezing/rebooting issues. If it's on, try turning it off on the set. Also, how about connecting that TV differently to the hopper? Like with component connection?

just throwing something out there... no idea if it will help, but it's something to try.

Also, message DIRT and see if they have any additional ideas.

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts