New Customer--Many Problems!

Thanks everyone! I disconnected the H+ and I do indeed have Multiview/PIP. There are still some odd behaviors, such as when I restarted the Hopper 3, the start page came up as Hopper with Sling--but the box sure looks like a Hopper 3...

Regarding Primetime Anytime--I am using my antenna for OTA, so I am wondering if that is the reason why that feature has not been working?
It's really easy to tell an H2 from an H3. When you're recording something, if you see a little red light, it's an H2. Also, just look at the number of tuners. The H2 only has 3 tuners, while theH3 has 16.

That's incorrect. You disconnect and reboot just once then wait 15-20 minutes, do not touch anything at all during that time.
There's a better way. Hold the power button on the front face of the Hopper. I count to 30 - may be overkill and let it go. It'll back up as a plain Hopper

Reactions: charlesrshell
mine has a red recording light.:biggrin
1707140715762.gif

Ok—I confirmed that I indeed have a Hopper 3, and Multiview/PIP is working. (I am disappointed they aren’t available on the Joey—given the fact that I was told they would be when I signed up…). I now know that Primetime is not available to me because I am using an antenna for my locals.

I do have a few more questions, but at the moment, the most pressing issue is the fact that the sound goes mute every now and then. The only way to get it back is to change inputs and then go back to the Dish. I did disable Dolby, but it did not help. Any other suggestion?

Thanks!

I presume you are changing inputs either on the TV or your sound system. That points to a problem with the device where the input change occurs because it sounds like you are not making any changes on the Hopper.

Try unplugging and reconnecting the HDMI cable next time the audio drops out. Also look at the particular HDMI input you are using and change to another one if you can.

That sounds like a TV issue. I remember people having the same issues on a certain brand of tvs. I think it may of been vizios. Regardless of brand you may try doing a factory reset on your TV then connecting to internet and letting it download the latest firmware.
Also on vizios if you unplug it then hold down the power button for a full 60 seconds then let go and plug back in, it usually resolves a lot of issues.

That sounds like a TV issue. I remember people having the same issues on a certain brand of tvs. I think it may of been vizios. Regardless of brand you may try doing a factory reset on your TV then connecting to internet and letting it download the latest firmware.
Also on vizios if you unplug it then hold down the power button for a full 60 seconds then let go and plug back in, it usually resolves a lot of issues.
It was Vizios. And that was the fix!

I think it was a tv issue. I have a Sony A9S and had the Joey connected to the hdmi eARC--I changed inputs and everything seems fine.

Another question: After disconnecting H+, the Hopper 3 has a different (older?) Home Screen, but my Joey 4 still has the new one--After looking through the archives, this appears to be normal? I am guessing that the H+ may be a temporary measure until a newer Hopper comes out?

I think it was a tv issue. I have a Sony A9S and had the Joey connected to the hdmi eARC--I changed inputs and everything seems fine.

Another question: After disconnecting H+, the Hopper 3 has a different (older?) Home Screen, but my Joey 4 still has the new one--After looking through the archives, this appears to be normal? I am guessing that the H+ may be a temporary measure until a newer Hopper comes out?
Yes, joey4 is android tv operating system and cannot be changed. So you'd have to change to joey3 to get same home screen as hopper3.

The hopper plus was pretty bad when it first came out and occasionally still has initial installation issues but it's pretty stable now. I use mine every single day without issue. Obviously in your case you're wanting the multi view, which they originally said they were working on but assuming they'll never add it to the plus. I doubt a new hopper comes out any time soon. The hopper3 has been working for them and they're currently in financial troubles. So I wouldn't really expect them to spend too much money on new stuff when the old is still making money.

Update: The sound started dropping out again, so I swapped out hdmi cables. So far, so good….

Yes, joey4 is android tv operating system and cannot be changed. So you'd have to change to joey3 to get same home screen as hopper3.

The hopper plus was pretty bad when it first came out and occasionally still has initial installation issues but it's pretty stable now. I use mine every single day without issue. Obviously in your case you're wanting the multi view, which they originally said they were working on but assuming they'll never add it to the plus. I doubt a new hopper comes out any time soon. The hopper3 has been working for them and they're currently in financial troubles. So I wouldn't really expect them to spend too much money on new stuff when the old is still making money.
No—just confirming that is the case. I like the fact that I can program the diamond button to access my apps, even though it is not a big deal to switch inputs. I may hook the H3 back up, since I now know that the Primetime Anytime is not available anyway, since my networks are OTA.
The only thing I would miss about multiview is that my wife likes to watch two channels simultaneously—She will pause one tuner and switch to the other, and then pause that one when she switches back. Unless I am missing something, you can only do this with multiview?