hopper programming question

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
My parents were offered a 2 hopper 2 joey upgrade for free. Only catch is the new 2 year commitment. my question is, What is the minimum package that they can have with the hopper? They have top 250 right now but want to switch to Top 120 with heartland package. Also just so i totally understand, If they dont care about the PTAT feature then they can turn it off and will actually have 6 tuners to be able to record on. Is this correct?

Last edited:
My parents were offered a 2 hopper 2 joey upgrade for free. Only catch is the new 2 year commitment. my question is, What is the minimum package that they can have with the hopper? They have top 250 right now but want to switch to Top 120 with heartland package. Also just so i totally understand, If they dont care about the PTAT feature then they can turn it off and will actually have 6 tuners to be able to record on. Is this correct?

The 120 package is within the minimum programming requirement. And yes, they would have three tuners per hopper so six total.

Thanks for the info. They are in Michigan so should they wait for a warm spell to do the upgrade or do it now with the weather in the upper twenties? just trying to look out for the installer

Thanks for the info. They are in Michigan so should they wait for a warm spell to do the upgrade or do it now with the weather in the upper twenties? just trying to look out for the installer

I would do it now because I think the hopper rocks. Based off of other posts, I would ask the installer to put the node indoors just as a precaution in the case their signal is affected by cold weather. My node is fine in the cold but others have been reporting otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)