Hopper question

r2s26

Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Waldorf, MD
I am looking to setup 4 rooms (kids rooms) with 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. Only one tv is HD. Would all 4 kids be able to watch something different given that there are only 3 tuners in the hopper? Additionally, if I add another hopper and 1 more joey to cover 2 other tv's (family room,basement), would one of the joeys pull a tuner from the additional hopper? Just trying to figure out some scenarios because right now I have both Dish and Comcast in the house on different tv's. This would allow me to get rid of 2 Comcast DVR's, 1 622, and 1 722K.

I was in the same situation and ended up going 2 hoppers and 2 joeys and am very glad I did. If you watch a lot of recorded shows it wouldn't be a big deal, but if everyone wants to watch live you wouldn't have enough receivers. Start recording a show and it is more difficult.

With 2 hoppers and 2 joeys you get 6 tuners so you can watch live and record with no issues.

I am looking to setup 4 rooms (kids rooms) with 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. Only one tv is HD. Would all 4 kids be able to watch something different given that there are only 3 tuners in the hopper? Additionally, if I add another hopper and 1 more joey to cover 2 other tv's (family room,basement), would one of the joeys pull a tuner from the additional hopper? Just trying to figure out some scenarios because right now I have both Dish and Comcast in the house on different tv's. This would allow me to get rid of 2 Comcast DVR's, 1 622, and 1 722K.

2 hoppers 4 Joeys (two for each Hopper) - six tuners and six tv's - you are covered.

Like it has been said the joeys can switch between Hoppers as needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts