Hopper timers sometimes show online and on DRA app, other times not... why?

oryan_dunn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Indiana
So, I just got a Hopper/Joey setup installed and everything works fine but the timers. Monday and Tuesday, no timers showed up on DRA website, DishOnline, or DRA Android app. Yesterday, all my timers and scheduled timers showed up in all locations Today, no timers show up in any of these locations. So far, all my recordings seem to show up in all locations, both yesterday and today. Any idea why this is happening?

Ok, So I guess I did add a timer via DRA on the day it worked. So to see my timers, I need to set a new timer each day that I want to view the current timers online? Yep, works just how I expected :rolleyes:

Any word on if S229 fixes this?

oryan_dunn said:
Ok, So I guess I did add a timer via DRA on the day it worked. So to see my timers, I need to set a new timer each day that I want to view the current timers online? Yep, works just how I expected :rolleyes:

Any word on if S229 fixes this?

I'm on s229 and see all my timers and if I set them,they fire fine.

Well, I'm still on S222, waiting patiently for S230 so my OTA adapter can be installed. I wonder if there is anything a DIRT member could do to get the timers working properly on S222?

oryan_dunn said:
Well, I'm still on S222, waiting patiently for S230 so my OTA adapter can be installed. I wonder if there is anything a DIRT member could do to get the timers working properly on S222?

Have they ever showed up with any sw version? If not I would say take a look at your home network and think about possibly adding the hopper ip address to the DMZ list to see if that helps.

Have they ever showed up with any sw version? If not I would say take a look at your home network and think about possibly adding the hopper ip address to the DMZ list to see if that helps.

Well, I just got the Hopper on Monday. Timers did show up, but only for the duration of the day (Wednesday) that I set a timer via DRA online. No timers have shown up online since. I am able to see my list of recordings and play them online (I have a Sling adapter).

Well, today, the DRA app cannot access anything. It says the Hopper is offline, even though the hopper shows a green OK next to internet connection, server connection, and DHCP acquired. Can a DIRT member get hold of me to get this resolved? The Sling/internet access was the whole reason I stuck with Dish over FIOS. If I can't get this working, I may have to cancel my 2yr contract I just re-upped for. FIOS uses standard TIVO boxes, so I'd get everything other than Sling.

Last edited:
This may sound dumb, but try putting the hopper ip address in your routers DMZ list. Then reboot the Hopper and see if that helps. I haven't had any of these issues since I did this.

I guess I can do this as an interesting thought exercise, but this should work without it being in the DMZ. If it does work in the DMZ, then Dish shall provide the ports that actually need to be forwarded. But, when I'm able to view the recordings on the DVR and watch live or recorded programs online, I find it hard to believe that timers can't also be shown.

I would also try multiple browsers and clear browser data if that doesn't work.

I've tried several PCs with Chrome, IE9, and Firefox, as well as the Dish app on both my phone and tablet. It's clear the hopper isn't reporting the timers.

This worked flawlessly last week with my 722.

I just checked it they show up on both DRA and Dish Online for me.

DOL Timers.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)