Hopper with Sling Softwave Version S520 Update is Here

Looks like this update "bricked" one of my HWSs.:mad:
Unit displays "press SELECT to watch TV" message but is non-responsive to remote or front panel pushbuttons (except for front panel RESET).
Message remains displayed for several minutes and then the unit will reboot and then gets back to the same message with the same non-responsive problem.
The unit continuously repeats the same reboot cycle.
Other HWS is operating normally with the update.
Removed and restored power on both HWSs and a Joey with the same results.
Swapped the HWS cables on the duo-node with the same result.
Guess I'll be contacting DIRT for a replacement.

I think the OTA Start Early / End Late timer issue is working now. Anybody else try it out?

Last edited:
I think the OTA Start Early / End Late timer issue is working now. Anybody else try it out?

Agree that would be great! Because of it, I've switched most timers to the DISH channels, but some, especially on Sundays, are setup via OTA. I'll keep an eye on it. Didn't have 520 as of yesterday.

Now if only they'd fix the HDMI CEC feature for OFF. That broke a long time ago with some update. ON works, but not OFF.
That did not "break". There were numerous complaints from people who wanted to turn off the TV without putting the receiver in standby so they could continue to listen to the music channels through their AV receivers. I, for one, agree with it.

That did not "break". There were numerous complaints from people who wanted to turn off the TV without putting the receiver in standby so they could continue to listen to the music channels through their AV receivers. I, for one, agree with it.

So how about a choice on that? The one TV I use that on is a stand-alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)