How do I set the DVR to record WHITE COLLAR

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
How do I set the DVR to record WHITE COLLAR starting Thursday, October 17 at 9/8c on ch39, USA?

...will be out of town well before that, so can't input it when reachable on the guide. I tried to scroll the guide over to that date, but it stops at 9/30.

I would not care if other useless stuff (from that time slot) was recorded before then, but it must be recording USA ch 39 White Collar at 9pm on 10/17, and thereafter. There are currently no White Collar re-runs in that time slot on USA to select, so I cannot figure out how to get it programmed in.

Cant you setup a manual recording for that station at that time to run daily? I think you can even set the manual recording to the specific day like run every monday at this time. etc. Other than doing that and filling your DVR with stuff you do not want, if you are out of town you can still set your DVR via the app or the website as well.

Select white collar series recording new episodes only and that should do it....delete what you dont want when you get back.

Cant you setup a manual recording for that station at that time to run daily? I think you can even set the manual recording to the specific day like run every monday at this time. etc. Other than doing that and filling your DVR with stuff you do not want, if you are out of town you can still set your DVR via the app or the website as well.

Well, maybe--but I have no idea how to set up what you call a "manual recording." Steps?

Let me try this a different way...can I program the DVR closer in time to the start date while traveling with an app?

No answer on the previous question...but our travel got cancelled, so I started setting the recording schedule.

Was able to put in the WHITE COLLAR 'record series' fine. The next show, at 10PM was the start of the COVERT AFFAIRS new season, so I decided to also record that.

Well, isn't this interesting; when you select it for recording, the menu items available are

Record this show
record show with options
all showings
set reminder
back

Note there is no "Record Series" available. Well, isn't that nice?

I set it to record show, then decided to delete it and try again--hopefully getting the full menu this time.
It deleted the WHITE COLLAR setting instead of COVERT AFFAIRS. Nice again.

AND, when I try to put WHITE COLLAR back in again, it now has no record series available.

To answer the first question coming, disk shows 58% full.

Yes indeed. It is me complaining again. Go ahead and throw the rocks.

Last edited:
Further to this.
I think the fact that the shows are scheduled with odd times:
White Collar 9:00 - 10:01
Covert Affairs 10:01 - 11:02
...is confusing the scheduling code in the software.

Also, by going back and editing the saved recordings tonight, I did get a screen that allowed "Record Series," BUT in the Covert Affairs Air Time settings, the choices are only
"All Showings," or
"9:00 PM only,"
even though the show actually starts at 10:01.
No telling what it is going to actually record--or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)