How do you force a program guide download on the Hopper?

So, you didn't even need to re-aim the dish?

Oh yeah, had to re-aim the dish. I had my roof replaced and they had thrown shingles on the dish and knocked it out of line, when I called dish to have it re-aimed the appointment they gave me was almost two weeks out and when I complained they offered some credits. Apparently he shifted some things around to give me the credits and inadvertently unchecked my "HD for life". The tech that came out called Dish and they told him I had HD, sent a hit, had us reset and we still didn't have HD, so they decided I should just wait for the "nightly" update. I looked online at my programming and saw it was unchecked so I called
back, they added it on, I reset and there was my HD.

The guide will download when tye download is needed and there is an available tuner. So I was telling him to free up a tuner. A checks witch on the Hopper isn't what triggers a guide download.
Now, the word choice and order are understandable. :D However, whenever I've done a check switch, the receivers have downloaded the guide. But, that may only be with VIP models? I could have sworn it has done it with Hoppers too.

Disconnect Tuners & Check Switch

Since I'm in an RV, I have to do this a lot because I'm constantly changing my Service Address as I move around and need to reload the program guide for a new set of local stations.

My Hopper is connected to AB switches in order to bring in a signal from either a rooftop automatic Winegard Travler or a portable 1000.4.

To force a guide reload, I use the AB switch to select the input I'm not currently using. For example, if I plan to use the Travler to acquire DISH sats, I'll set the AB switch to the portable (even if no dish is connected).

Once the Check Switch is complete, I use the AB switch again back to the dish I plan to use and do another Check Switch.

Works every time. I've found hard/soft resets unreliable.

In everyday use, I imagine that just disconnecting the dish input from the back of the Hopper & doing a Check Switch would do just the same thing.

Yeah, VIP and Hopper are different regarding guide acquisition.
But...

Once the Check Switch is complete, I use the AB switch again back to the dish I plan to use and do another Check Switch.

Works every time. I've found hard/soft resets unreliable.

In everyday use, I imagine that just disconnecting the dish input from the back of the Hopper & doing a Check Switch would do just the same thing.
Me too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)