How do you get out of solo mode?

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Sorry for the dumb question... I put my 722 non-k into solo mode last night for the first time, by pressing and holding the front-panel mode button until the receiver reset. Now it won't go back out into dual mode! What is the magic button presses that will do this?

I know where the blessed "mode" switch is... It went into solo mode just fine! But now pressing and releasing does nothing. Pressing and holding for about 15 secs resets, but it comes right back up into solo mode. :(

I know where the blessed "mode" switch is... It went into solo mode just fine! But now pressing and releasing does nothing. Pressing and holding for about 15 secs resets, but it comes right back up into solo mode. :(

When you press the 'Mode' button, does the amber light on the front of your receiver move at all?

No it does not. I don't think it's even on at all, unless I turn on one of the TV outputs... Then only the solo light is illuminated. This is literally the first time I've ever put this receiver in solo mode, and now I can't get out!

Try unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds and plug it back in. If the problem continues, send me a PM!

Bingo. Power plug reset fixed the issue. It was still stuck in solo mode even after last night's reboot. :( But now, pressing the mode button puts it immediately into dual mode. Thanks Tommy!

Wow, first time? I use Single Mode quite a bit for the PiP and dual buffers. Yeah on my 722k the mode button can be glitchy or the TV format can be glitchy until I reboot at times.

If it reboots from holding the button, then you were pressing the power button not the mode, likely. The power button may be red, gold or black, IIRC, but the mode button is displaced from the corner. Gone Hopper so I might not remember.
-Ken

Actually both buttons are silver. The power button is much bigger, and I did not make that mistake! I did press the power button on purpose, to see if I could get out of solo mode, but that didn't work either. Unplugging the receiver did. I'm surprised it didn't fix itself overnight with the nightly reset, but it did not. I guess both nightly reset and power button reset are both soft resets...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)