How does OTA Scanning works in new software?

New scale on new software

wasch_24 said:
I guess it's specific to different areas. My FOX station fluctuates between 28-45 for the singal quality and I am still able to watch it on a clear day. I was under the impression that the scan won't pick this up because it is looking for 80-85 signal. If it didn't I could then manually tell it there is a station there and to not delete it from the PG. Or I could be way off base on this...

I received the new software on a second receiver today. On the old receiver with the original software, my FOX station fluctuates between 28-42. While scanning with the new receiver and software scale, I got a 92.

On both receivers, my S/N was better on FOX than on satellite.

What I find funny and annoying is both the Sat and OTA have a lock of 80 with weather fade of 85. I have both signal strengths between 90-95 and the slightest bit of rain or cloud cover will knock out the satellite. Wife isn't happy about that.

Then again, DirecTV goes out even when it's lightly raining too.

the locals that voom initially mapped to my boxes are out of green bay, wi, but i get better signals out of milwaukee for at least half of them. i was able to use the scan function in the install wizard to get the box to tune the channels, but program guide info is not available for any of the new channels over 24 hours later. i find it hard to believe that not a single milwaukee DT channel is on voom's 'list'. is this software still 'in flux'?

John,
I have the exact same issue. I've sent my name, address and zip code to Sean M. in the hope that tribune will add the Washington DC stations to my IP (presently lists "no info" next to every Washington station).
Please let me know if & when you get your OTA channels re-mapped to include both Baltimore & Washington stations.
Thanks, DR J