How long can BD bleed?????

Read my above post as to one POSSIBLE way.

Yes, since I may have a different take on this, I must have a learning disorder...
AT this point having more discs in 1-2% of homes in the market is the equivalent of scoring a 1st quarter safety against the NE Patriots.:rolleyes:

AT this point having more discs in 1-2% of homes in the market is the equivalent of scoring a 1st quarter safety against the NE Patriots.:rolleyes:
Possible. HD-DVD might very well start selling WAY more than BD. Then again, they may not

Possible. HD-DVD might very well start selling WAY more than BD. Then again, they may not
You are hopeless. No one has to sell "Way more" when 98-99% of the market is untouched still. And why are you using the word "sell" now? That doesnt apply to free discs. Stop the FUD. It aint working

You are hopeless. No one has to sell "Way more" when 98-99% of the market is untouched still. And why are you using the word "sell" now? That doesnt apply to free discs. Stop the FUD. It aint working

There is just not the drive yet. Ill draw another correlation line. Sony didn't stop selling PS2's It is still the best selling console world wide (maybe if Nintendo can put out more stock Wii will over take it).

Kinda like DVD / HD-DVD/ BLue, Since Upscaling DVD players exist, most people just buy the normal DVD since everyone has 2-3 players in their house/vehicle.

There is not motivation except for us die hard consumers.
What the BLUE/RED have working against them is there is no size change, or use change motivation to switch.

VCR -> DVD (smaller size, No need to rewind)
DVD->BLUE/RED (better picture and audio) But negated somewhat by upscaling DVD players.

I am not trying to spread anything vurb. I own and will buy both, so if one or the other wins, so be it, my movie watching will go on.
The only thing i said was Blu-ray has more discs in home now, then I followed up and said that may change and HD-DVD may sell more in the future to take that lead(discs in home). Who knows, they may take that lead by following BD and doing BOGO. However they do it, it wont really effect me at all.

You took the emphasis on WAY the wrong way I guess. I meant they may get a lead (maybe even a large one), not to imply that they had to sell WAY more to get it.
I have learned something though, and that is to be more clear when having this discussion with someone that is obviously on one side (meaning either side) because it seems that they take anything that doesnt paint their side in the best light (whether it was meant to be that way or just perceived as such by them) as spreading FUD

if that is not significant than why is the recent change you mentioned significant?

I am not trying to spread anything vurb. I own and will buy both, so if one or the other wins, so be it, my movie watching will go on.
The only thing i said was Blu-ray has more discs in home now, then I followed up and said that may change and HD-DVD may sell more in the future to take that lead(discs in home). Who knows, they may take that lead by following BD and doing BOGO. However they do it, it wont really effect me at all.

You took the emphasis on WAY the wrong way I guess. I meant they may get a lead (maybe even a large one), not to imply that they had to sell WAY more to get it.
I have learned something though, and that is to be more clear when having this discussion with someone that is obviously on one side (meaning either side) because it seems that they take anything that doesnt paint their side in the best light (whether it was meant to be that way or just perceived as such by them) as spreading FUD
Your point was received 'clearly' it just didn't hold any water. If all the studios gave all their disks away free there would be plenty on "disks in homes" but what good would that be, and as you say if JSP stumbles into a friends house and sees all those BD on the shelf and few HD DVD, I fail to see how that will sway a person who doesn't know anything about the format war. JSP will go to places like Amazon and see the HD-A3 for $150(today) and IMO that will sway them more then a whole bunch of B movies laying on someones rack. Better yet Futureshop HD-D3 $99.

Future Shop

Your point was received 'clearly' it just didn't hold any water. If all the studios gave all their disks away free there would be plenty on "disks in homes" but what good would that be, and as you say if JSP stumbles into a friends house and sees all those BD on the shelf and few HD DVD, I fail to see how that will sway a person who doesn't know anything about the format war. JSP will go to places like Amazon and see the HD-A3 for $150(today) and IMO that will sway them more then a whole bunch of B movies laying on someones rack. Better yet Futureshop HD-D3 $99.

Future Shop
So having more discs out there that someone(that really is not initially biased) might see at a friends house, in your mind couldnt sway someone to go in that direction? That could very well be true, i never said it absolutely would happen like that, im just using it as something that could happen.
No doubt that HD-DVD has a great selling point right now with low equipment costs, and blu-ray also has one with the PS3 being a blu-ray player as well as a game machine(and for that matter the 360 helps HD-DVD in the same way).
For me, it doesnt matter, ill buy either. They are more alike than different, no matter how people want to spin it.

Um, this is basically a Universal press release to placate their investors about choosing the wrong format to back. The actual data in the article shows that the Blu-ray Harry Potter outsold the HD DVD Harry Potter.

So whats your point!! Why let facts get in your way! More Blu fud?? (Sarcasm off):D

In one post you say "I never said X sold more than Y only that X has more discs in homes than Y" and in the next breath you say "Well maybe Y will start selling more than X" :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's called thinking through things rationally and being able to see more than one point of view, something you are quite obviously incapable of.

Yeah, it's called thinking through things rationally and being able to see more than one point of view, something you are quite obviously incapable of.
I have tried Onous, he seems to see what he wants here.

Which is very convenient, since HD-DVD's cost more.
Bull, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't HD DVD just announce that they were lowering the MSRP? You have a habit of throwing anything out there and seeing what sticks.

Bull, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't HD DVD just announce that they were lowering the MSRP? You have a habit of throwing anything out there and seeing what sticks.

Since what we're talking about here are historical sales numbers, I fail to see your point. Maybe I should edit my post to say that HD-DVD's have cost more - would that make you happy?

And I'm not sure it matters much anyway.... I've seen pleny of BD MSRP's at $39.99 and I've never paid anything close to that for one.

EDIT: I also don't have a habit of throwing anything out there, other than my opinion. If it's proven to be wrong I gladly admit it, something most others here don't seem able or willing to do.

Since what we're talking about here are historical sales numbers, I fail to see your point. Maybe I should edit my post to say that HD-DVD's have cost more - would that make you happy?

And I'm not sure it matters much anyway.... I've seen pleny of BD MSRP's at $39.99 and I've never paid anything close to that for one.
The Combo disk have cost more 'historically'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)