As expected some BD player won't play new BD discs.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Buyer beware

Is There A Fix For 'day After Tomorrow' On The Sammy - AVS Forum

I can't play DAT on my Sammy 1000 with the latest firmware, It just rejects the disc as unplayable (same with POTC3). Is there a fix for this?
I would REALLY like to see this film in Hi Def and don't want to go out and spend $600 for a 'reliable' player. I don't need all the Java crap, I just want to see the movie!
I'm really angry with Blu Ray. I went purple about 2 months ago and I can't believe the reliability issues, My first gen HD DVD player never had such problems. I have an A1 with firware 2.4 and it plays anything you throw at it.
How is the general public going to accept HDM if it the apparant winner can't play the movies they want to watch, The Sammy 1000 is still on sale at Amazon through Tiger Direct.

Just shows the Japanese know how to build consumer electronic devices and the Koreans are still working on it. Have Samsung players ever not had problems?

Just shows the Japanese know how to build consumer electronic devices and the Koreans are still working on it. Have Samsung players ever not had problems?
The sammys have had probs from day 1 and he is running firmware from december 2007.SO whose fault is this? The BDA? Samsung? the studios?

Reading the thread on AVS is funny. Someone is all happy that the firmware update allowed one of his movies to load in only 2 minutes instead of 4. Why people view this as acceptable load times for a movie is beyond me.

Last Sunday I purchased a new Samsung BP-1400. I downloaded the new firmware that night. On Monday, I tried to play Live Free Or Die Hard. It would not even recognize the disk. I tried it on my PS3 and it played just fine. I went back and checked to see if their was a new firmware upgrade and to my astonishment there was a newer version released on Monday. Downloaded and the player now seems to work fine.

I have for a long time been parcel to Samsung HDTVs but I have not liked Samsung players at all. I do not know why Sammys continue to have problems when everyone else has worked theirs out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)