How many of you devout red would turn purple with your tax rebate

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
It looks like the powers that be want to give a $600 rebate to individuals ($1200 to couples) to "stimulate" the economy. How many HD DVD owners would make Warner and Sony happy by buying a Blu-Ray player with the money?

I will send my tax rebate back as estimated taxes, so no... maybe if it was $100, but then again, probably not.

I would probably use it to purchase a new tv for my bedroom, or HD DVD movies. Is this where I should say I would rather upcon......?

Seriously I have said it before and will say it again I will purchase a Blu-ray player ONLY when its cost to value is where I feel it should be.

I will use the money to get a HDTV for the living room.
This way I will be ready to buy that fully functional Blu-ray later this year (or next) when they are under $150.:D

I will use my tax return money towards on some more BD discs that are coming out, I have the movies that I want already...
I am also using the tax return money towards some upgrades on my computer.
A new processor, and Mobo from newegg.com

I love how so many of you probably paid $300, $400, $500 for your HD-DVD players, but won't shell out for BD until it does everything but make coffee and sells for $25, just out of "principle."

It's really not that serious, people. We're talking about movies, which - last I checked - are an escape from reality, not an excuse to complain about it.

But that's just me...

Here is a liitle gift to all the HD supporters:
(You may even use it for your signature if you wish even though I intvented it,
use it everywhere you speak.)

"I am ready for Blue-Ray, but Blue-Ray is not ready for me."

Another termonology is "Beta-Ray".

So for me, Sony is not ready for my tax rebate.

If and when we see our checks. There will probably be a new tax law next year equal to what refund you received this year. Wow, did I say that out loud? I'm starting to sound like my Dad.

It looks like the powers that be want to give a $600 rebate to individuals ($1200 to couples) to "stimulate" the economy. How many HD DVD owners would make Warner and Sony happy by buying a Blu-Ray player with the money?

They can keep the damn rebate, And I wouldn't buy anything that has the Sony name on it.

I purchased an HD-DVD player just to have it. I despise Sony and everything they have their hands in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)