How many UHF remotes on a 722k

dcubed

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 8, 2013
Milwaukee , WI
722k with 9 TV2s and 5 21.1 remotes . Tried to add another and get message : You are attempting to set both remotes to the same address. You are not allowed to do this. Select another remote address for one of the two remote addresses. I can't find any mention of this error in any of my Dish information. No problem with adding 5th one. Thanks for any assistance .

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
You're trying to set remote 1 to remote 2's address or vice versa. You don't even have to go to system info and hit record, just set the tab to 1 or 2, program the address in the remote and it will work.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell

Dish Sub 2015

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2015
The Matrix
You can have as many as you want UHF remotes on a 722k

- make sure that the remote switch is on UHF to begin with

- the number on the front of the remote need to be flipped on 1 or 2 depending which tuner you want to control,

(missing / broken tab with number = tuner 1)

- make sure that tuner 1 and 2 remotes are on different addresses, preferable few address numbers apart and one odd one even.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
You can have as many as you want UHF remotes on a 722k

- make sure that the remote switch is on UHF to begin with

- the number on the front of the remote need to be flipped on 1 or 2 depending which tuner you want to control,

(missing / broken tab with number = tuner 1)

- make sure that tuner 1 and 2 remotes are on different addresses, preferable few address numbers apart and one odd one even.
As much as I was in love with the 722k and the 21 model remote controls, I am so glad I weened myself to the Hopper / Joey DVR system. Remote controls IMO are so much easier to program.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)