How to add to range of UHF PRO on 722k for multiple TV2s

Another Suggestion.

Instead of using the little whip antenna provided with the receiver switching to a bowtie UHF antenna at your entertainment center will get you much improved range

41S9NJs-BgL.jpg

Aim it at your remote tv locations.

A trick I have used with sucess is to take a vhf/uhf amplifier to feed that antenna back into the reciever. Use one with adjustable gain and only turn it up as far as you need.

Nonetheless, diplexers are the correct tool to combine and separate signals such as these.

Why pay for the more expensive solution when there is a more economical way to get to the same goal? I've used the two splitter setup for more than 10 years, probably thousands of times with no issues. I've even had this work more than 250' away from the rcvr. Dish Network used to send out the expensive remote extenders up until a few years ago. Now, even Dish Network has the two-splitter solution diagram in their standard installation procedures manual.

I ended up using a free solution. I changed the remotes to Band B by giving them an even address and all works fine now. On the 722k the band is determined by whether the remote control address is odd or even. Band B has much greater range.

Thanks for all the ideas.

At Lowe's, there are several different types of splitters. Which ones should I use to add a remote antenna to where the TV is? is there a Ghz I should get?

thxtech said:
A trick I have used with sucess is to take a vhf/uhf amplifier to feed that antenna back into the reciever. Use one with adjustable gain and only turn it up as far as you need.

That actually works.

I had a customer who had 4 receivers modulated to 4 different channels.

Put the UHF antenna in the attic, installed a amplifier then to a 4 way splitter to go to the receivers.

If that doesn't work, then consider an IR repeater system that runs over the coax

At Lowe's, there are several different types of splitters. Which ones should I use to add a remote antenna to where the TV is? is there a Ghz I should get?
Both the distribution output and the remote frequencies are down in the OTA range so just about anything that isn't a diplexer should work.