how to change which tv shares DVR, or a device to split signal?

petalutha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
We currently have 3 tvs hooked up in our house with dish network. Two share the DVR 625 (basement and family room). Our bedroom tv (upstairs) has a stand alone receiver with (gasp!) no DVR.

I am about to be on bed rest for a while, and I would like to access my recorded programs on the upstairs TV.

Is it possible to reconfigure the TVs so that my upstairs TV can be TV2? (Currently, the dvr resides in the family room, and the basement is TV2). Or does this require a reinstall (and more money) by dish network?

I know there are only two tuners on the DVR, but I'm wondering ... can you hook up 2 secondary TVs to the DVR? I know those 2 TVs would share a tuner (always showing the same thing), but that would be fine.

Alternatively, is there a device that would wirelessly let me access my DVR programs from my upstairs tv somehow? I don't care if it has to be on the same channel, but I would need to be able to access and select the DVR programs remotely.

I only want to switch this temporarily ... maybe for one or two months.

I appreciate any advice on this matter!

Thank you in advance.

Yes you can do all this. It's not neccessary to have a truck roll for that. They'll probably charge you in that route.

Basically you need to do some digging. There's enough information that can be found here by doing a little searching.

As already said you'll need a splitter.

You'll need to locate where the ground block is, and see if you have a diplexer on your DVR.

You can do some different things and use a splitter as a combiner so you can view both DVR and your regular reciever upstairs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts