Detroit HD Locals, did you pay for upgrade?

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
We sat down on Thanksgiving to watch the Lions game on 62 in HD, forget why we would do this :)

62 was having broadcast problems and it kept breaking up. I called Dish to see about getting the local HD channels and was told that I needed a Dish 1000+.

Forget the fact I had to spend an HOUR on the phone with them. I was transfered to tech support and she had me reboot the box, do all this stuff when I told her specifically that the Detroit locals come off of 118.5 and I don't have 118.5. She said no they come off of 110 so I thought maybe I was wrong. Well after an hour of rebooting and trying to tune to channels that did not exist they transfered me to level II.

The person from Level II told me "Well thats because they are off of 118.5" :rolleyes:

So she told me they would put up a Dish 1000+ for me, then comes back on the line and says it will be a $60 service charge.

I'm just wondering who had to pay and who did not have to pay for the upgrade to get locals?

I doubt they will go out again but my recording of Jericho crapped out too and I figured I'd get it for the safety net of having OTA not working. I already pay for locals for the guide info.

Granted $60 isn't bad, and I wouldn't have said a peep if they hadn't wasted an hour of my time on Thanksgiving with family over...that and the fact the installer has 22 minutes to arrive before he is out of the install window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts