Detroit locals

kevex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Detroit
Did Dish lose Detroit locals in a dispute ? I lost them 3 weeks ago. I can't find any info on the web or site about it. They are still in my guide but complete signal loss which is strange because my spot beam on 129 is good. When I go on the channel and get complete satellite signal loss I check my signal and it gives me sat 119 transponder 1. I know my locals are on sat 129 transponder 14 spot beam 23. A month ago I downgraded my package to top 200, I wonder if they got deprogrammed a week or 2 later. My bill still says I have them. I woke up my receiver on the site and did hard reset and still the same. Every channel in my guide works except my locals.

Did Dish lose Detroit locals in a dispute ? I lost them 3 weeks ago. I can't find any info on the web or site about it. They are still in my guide but complete signal loss which is strange because my spot beam on 129 is good. When I go on the channel and get complete satellite signal loss I check my signal and it gives me sat 119 transponder 1. I know my locals are on sat 129 transponder 14 spot beam 23. A month ago I downgraded my package to top 200, I wonder if they got deprogrammed a week or 2 later. My bill still says I have them. I woke up my receiver on the site and did hard reset and still the same. Every channel in my guide works except my locals.
Have you called Dish?

OK, that proves you are receiving 129 correctly. Call Dish and have them reinitiate your locals. Perhaps they removed the locals on 129 and they are on 61.5 only and that would mean you need a dish change to eastern arc. That phone call should rectify your issue one way or the other.
thanks

Did you log into your account? Make sure your still subscribed.
Yes I did . I just finished chatting with them. I told them no signal issues when I do check switch test and I lost them when I downgraded my programming. She said they were still showing up on my account. I asked for a hit and she didn't do it claiming I must have obstructions in front of my dish lol. I am thinking of removing them on my account and then adding them again later. That should reinitiate my locals.

:mad

You used to be able to ask for a hit yourself via MyDish. I last did that to get my EHD to work.
You still can. Go to mydish.com, login in, then go to My Account. Next go to Dish Outdoors. Go down to the bottom of the page and press Wake Up Recivers. Give it about 10 or 15 minutes and see what you have.

You still can. Go to mydish.com, login in, then go to My Account. Next go to Dish Outdoors. Go down to the bottom of the page and press Wake Up Recivers. Give it about 10 or 15 minutes and see what you have.

Just for jeepers, are you western or eastern arc? And kevex, when you do a checkswitch, which arc do you see?
western arc