How to find a particular artist.

gumby42

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
How to find a particular artist in XM ?

How would I look for a particular artist to see which channel or channels he would play on? I have done it before but cant remember how. Looked on XM site and did not find anything, also looked on Timetrax site. Went back to XM site in case it was on the XM Online, but did not find it there. I remember typing in artists name and while I was typing it was narrowing it down for me until I had an exact match.

Brian

Last edited:
You can use the Grab List, but it's kind of brain dead. Instead of "Grab this artist whenever it comes up", it is actually "Only record songs by this artist, no matter what". This means that if the grab list is enabled, ONLY items that match what is on the grab list get recorded, even if you try to manually record something else.

Hopefully they will be fixing this soon.

Another restriction is that it only works on the currently tuned channel. It doesn't scan what is playing on other channels to find the artist you are looking for. Some people find this to be a flaw, but it doesn't bother me since the information on other channels is delayed. That would guarantee that you would miss the first of any song that it had to change channels for.

Yea, the single channel thing does not help much. I am looking for a couple of artists in particular and I'm not sure which channel if any they would play on. I have done what I mentioned above, just wish I could remember where I did it. It would be nice if there was a site or something built in to use like a guide. If I wanted to listen to or record the group Boston, or whoever, it would be nice to find the stations where they have played.

Brian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)