Install Error "Can't find WMVCore.dll"

imag

Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
After a fresh Winders 2000 install with all the updates, service packs, patches, etc, etc, etc, the Latest Recast software fails to install.
The error that I get is "Can't find the file WMVCore.dll in the path....."

Did a search on my PC for that file and it doesn't exist

Thanks for any help!

imag said:
After a fresh Winders 2000 install with all the updates, service packs, patches, etc, etc, etc, the Latest Recast software fails to install.

Thanks for any help!

If you have not done so already - Open a ticket.

Other than that - be sure to install the Windows Media Player (most recent I think is 10) this should cover most of the Audio/Media DLLs that this I think is a part of.

TT also has a file that will install the windows medial 9 files back.

imag said:

Thanks for any help!

Did you get any information or get this fixed? I was just wondering. I located an executable that restored the Windows Media Player 9 files - not sure if you needed it or not. I am trying to locate a place to host it.

You must install Media Player 9 at least. Otherwise you get this error. It is not stated anywhere that Recast is dependant upon Media Player 9, but it is.

Sure enough. That dll is a Windows media Player file. Install Media Player and the problem magically goes away.

TT has better coders using their software than they do writing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)