How to hook up antenna without a diplexer??

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I can easily run a separate cable and think the 3db gain is worth it. How do I do it?
Thanks,
Joe

Are you asking how to remove the diplexer from the back of the STB? Unlock it first and then pull it off. This will expose two connectors: one for the dish, the other one for the OTA antenna. See pictures in the FAQ.

If you have an amplified antenna, you may have to purchase a standalone power supply. It won't work without it.

Ilya, Is the channelmaster 4228 an amplified antenna? Also, if I disconnect the antenna feed from the multiswitch can I just add a splitter and run separate lines to my 3 tv's and bypass the diplexer? Would I gain anything by doing this?

snaggerbob said:
Ilya, Is the channelmaster 4228 an amplified antenna? Also, if I disconnect the antenna feed from the multiswitch can I just add a splitter and run separate lines to my 3 tv's and bypass the diplexer? Would I gain anything by doing this?

no you need a amp for the cm 4228

Will the CM 4228 and CM Preamp 7775 work plugged directly into the OTA antenna plug (without the diplexer)? Thanks