How to hook up antenna without a diplexer??

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I can easily run a separate cable and think the 3db gain is worth it. How do I do it?
Thanks,
Joe

Are you asking how to remove the diplexer from the back of the STB? Unlock it first and then pull it off. This will expose two connectors: one for the dish, the other one for the OTA antenna. See pictures in the FAQ.

If you have an amplified antenna, you may have to purchase a standalone power supply. It won't work without it.

Ilya, Is the channelmaster 4228 an amplified antenna? Also, if I disconnect the antenna feed from the multiswitch can I just add a splitter and run separate lines to my 3 tv's and bypass the diplexer? Would I gain anything by doing this?

snaggerbob said:
Ilya, Is the channelmaster 4228 an amplified antenna? Also, if I disconnect the antenna feed from the multiswitch can I just add a splitter and run separate lines to my 3 tv's and bypass the diplexer? Would I gain anything by doing this?

no you need a amp for the cm 4228

Will the CM 4228 and CM Preamp 7775 work plugged directly into the OTA antenna plug (without the diplexer)? Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)