How To Run Off a Customer

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
1. Mail your existing TWC cable customer an offer to give a $20 per month discount on his cable bill for one full year if he switches his phone service to your digital phone service. (With a $240 savings over a year, of course he jumps on the deal and switches not only his phone from AT&T but also his DSL service to Roadrunner.)

2. Bill him the regular amount the following month without the $20 discount.

3. When he calls in to billing (with a 20 minute hold time) quiz him as if he was lying about the deal, ask him what proof he has, and tell him to get it straightened out he must personally take the offer, along with his previous AT&T phone bill to prove that he has switched, to a TWC service center.

4. When he arrives at the service center, act clueless about what he is talking about, go to the back for about 10 minutes, come back and tell him you are going to not give him a $20 credit off his cable bill but will give him Roadrunner for free ($19.00/month) for the next 12 months. And assure him the mistake will not happen again.

5. Bill him the next month without the discount.

6. When he calls billing again (with a 55 minute hold time) assure him that his account has been credited.

7. Actually bill him correctly the next month.

8. Do not give him the discount on his next month's bill.

9. When he calls billing again (with only a 12 minute hold time!!) and asks to speak to a supervisor and threatens to move all of his services back to AT&T if the situation is not corrected once and for all, have the Supervsor put him on hold for about 10 minutes and come back and swear that the situation has been permanently fixed and promise that he will never, ever, ever be overbilled again.

10. Send out his next bill without the credit.

Yes, folks, the above is true. Happened in San Antonio. And I am now the proud subscriber to DishNetwork with about 15 more high definition channels than TWC offered anyway, a crystal clear picture, the NFL network (not offered on TWC here), and the local Fox channel in high def (not offered by TWC here).

Think of all the time and money that went into the marketing campaign to send me a big, shiny mailer to offer me the discount with the above results. What a moronic outfit. (And that's the nicest thing I can think to say.)

How about greatly reducing the available material on VOD (previously Comcast), and then having it not work at all. Called and spoke to a CSR who gave box a "hit" to no avail, and then scheduled a service call for Sat. afternoon. Well, Sat. afternoon came and went with no show from TW. Not even a courtesy phone call to say that they could not make it. This company is a bunch of A*holes. First of all, seems to me that this VOD problem would be a system problem, and not a problem with the box. But I figured that if you're that stupid, go ahead and spend your money on a useless service call. By the way, is anyone else in the Cleveland/Elyria Ohio area having the same VOD problem? Specifically can't get the HBO portion to work at all. Showtime portion working presently, but has come and gone. Would like to confirm that it is a system wide problem since TW is too damn stupid to know or to notify customers that a problem exists.

How about greatly reducing the available material on VOD (previously Comcast), and then having it not work at all. Called and spoke to a CSR who gave box a "hit" to no avail, and then scheduled a service call for Sat. afternoon. Well, Sat. afternoon came and went with no show from TW. Not even a courtesy phone call to say that they could not make it. This company is a bunch of A*holes. First of all, seems to me that this VOD problem would be a system problem, and not a problem with the box. But I figured that if you're that stupid, go ahead and spend your money on a useless service call. By the way, is anyone else in the Cleveland/Elyria Ohio area having the same VOD problem? Specifically can't get the HBO portion to work at all. Showtime portion working presently, but has come and gone. Would like to confirm that it is a system wide problem since TW is too damn stupid to know or to notify customers that a problem exists.

Prob a overload on the system prob Kids are out school watching skinamax VOD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)