How well would a DISH DVR fly across the lawn?

I have always thought mine sounded like a jet engine also and use to use it as an alarm clock. Then I got use to it and now, with L670, it roars for a second.

But I would imagine that it would fly better if you duct tape it to a dish. And remember "Flat Flips Fly Straight".

:D

It is a linux based receiver, it'll be fine.
No it will not! Linux based file systems do not do well when files are open for write and the power fails. Even with journaling file systems. I have lost count of how many times my whole file system has been corrupted beyond the ability of fsck to repair because of power failures, just in the last month or two when my UPS at work has been offline due to battery failures. And forget about file systems and Linux. My daughter got mad at her 612 and unplugged it in the midst of a firmware update. We were down for a week before I figured out how to get the emergency recovery software to do something.

Last edited:
So it finally got to where it was restarting every 15 minutes or so. I called Dish and they are sending a replacement.

Funny thing is that so many have gone bad on me in the last ~10 years that I can just post all of the answers on chat before they ask. :D After starting with "hello" and the steps I had already taken, "Jen" "concluded that I needed a new reciever". :D

But it is still extremelly anoying that it can't monitor the internal temperature and adjust the fans on boot up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts