Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So I put an offer in for an HR 24 DVR off eBay. Got it for 50 bucks and it's in excellent shape. Does it need that smaller box like the Genie Has... ? Forgot what it's called. Also I asked Directv if it would reset my contract and they said no... If it's a leased receiver won't it renew it ? I'm only a few months in my 2 year as a new customer anyway. It shows that it comes with a receiver card but not sure if I can use that or my existing one I have for my mini Genie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the RID [Receiver Identification Number] off the back of the HR24 and have DirecTV checked to see if it is a leased or an own unit.

You extend your contract only when you upgrade in equipment. Replacing the same will not extend contract.

OTE="tigerfan33, post: 3550821, member: 77903"]You extend your contract only when you upgrade in equipment. Replacing the same will not extend contract.[/QUOTE]
He's not replacing a unit from what I can tell, he's adding a recvr ....
Yes, I think it will reset his commitment, not that its a big deal seeing hes starting new anyways.

Dishfan,
IF the recvr IS a lease unit, the previous owner was suppose to Return it.

This is one of the issues with buying on ebay, ya never know unless you call D* and check it.

I bought two H24's recently from a guy on their, and confirmed they were owned before I did. Got em in and activated without issue.

I bought two H24's recently from a guy on their, and confirmed they were owned before I did. Got em in and activated without issue.
Not all eBay sales are illegitimate -- just most of them.

Checking with DIRECTV is important as is lining up a new Smart Card.

Duh. Looking at buyer rep matters a lot, doesnt require a call to Directv (which includes spending a great deal of time on the phone if you get a moron).Secondly, you do not always need a new smart card.

Find a reliable buyer, and ask them good questions. This is not a complicated process.

Reactions: acostapimps
you either got a great deal. or you are hosed. personally, i would be skeptical because the dvr was only $50. you know the saying if it looks too good to be true, it is. hope this works out for you.

OTE="tigerfan33, post: 3550821, member: 77903"]You extend your contract only when you upgrade in equipment. Replacing the same will not extend contract.
He's not replacing a unit from what I can tell, he's adding a recvr ....
Yes, I think it will reset his commitment, not that its a big deal seeing hes starting new anyways.[/QUOTE]
Stupid tablet.

you either got a great deal. or you are hosed. personally, i would be skeptical because the dvr was only $50. you know the saying if it looks too good to be true, it is. hope this works out for you.
He'll know when he calls to activate it, one way or the other.

Duh. Looking at buyer rep matters a lot, doesnt require a call to Directv (which includes spending a great deal of time on the phone if you get a moron).Secondly, you do not always need a new smart card.

Find a reliable buyer, and ask them good questions. This is not a complicated process.
+1

Yup getting my money back. Receiver was on previous account that went to collections. When I called before I called I was told that I was good to go. The rep tonight said the receiver has to be owned to avoid a contract renewal. He said it can't be new.

Yup getting my money back. Receiver was on previous account that went to collections. When I called before I called I was told that I was good to go. The rep tonight said the receiver has to be owned to avoid a contract renewal. He said it can't be new.

Correct ... glad to see your gonna get your money back seeing thats not always the case with ebay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)