Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
HR10-250 problems with Directv supplied antenna

:confused: I had directive install a HR10-250 installed Friday with a $49.00 Directv supplied antenna. my problem here in south Florida (ft.lauderdale) is two of the networks are VHF ( Fox & ABC ) The antenna Directv supplied is a UHF only ( pro brand from Eagle Aspen UHF TV2BU HF ) I get the other networks fine ( PBS-CBS-NBC ) i called Directv as soon as the installer left and they insisted to send another tech out next Friday to adjust the antenna. I explained the first tech already tried, but they still want to send another. Directv told me to check the winegard website and that is the only one they use ? obviously the antenna I received isn't a winegard ( its a small square thing with a couple bow ties ) Did the installer install the wrong antenna ? Antennaweb.org suggest a small multidirectional UHF/VHF ( zip 33334 ) obviously i'll have to replace the antenna and the guy at Directv said they wont accept a returned antenna. The Directv supplied antenna is worthless here because I need UHF/VHF. Any ideas on how to handle this with Directv ? or do i just forget about and buy another antenna ? thanks for your help ( past/present ):confused:

Last edited:
Ask for a refund and have them take the antenna back if they won't supply you an UHF/VHF combo antenna and just get one of your own.

I asked for a refund and they dont / wont take it back - They insisted to send another tech out friday to try to adjust it ??? even though its a UHF and the two stations i dont recieve are VHF ??? Guess i'll wait until then to complain again ??

where in ft lauderdale? i got my HD Tivo today...tech didnt bring an OTA and swapped my 3LNB dish out for ANOTHER 3LNB dish (dont get me started...was told i'd get KaKu when I got an H20, even though i was assured i'd get it). I used my $8 RCA rabbit ears from WAL-MART..I get all the locals plus locals from West Palm Beach. Get retention to give you credit for OTA so you can buy your own...then spend $8 bucks.

i tried amplified rabbit ears ( Oakland Park ) the antenna they gave me is a UHF only. Channel 7 - 10 are VHF. I'm going to wait till Friday when they send out another tech. Then I'll complain and try again to get a refund. thanks -

yea, they told me the same thing but i didnt recieve a new dish ???

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)