HR20 and Media Center PC:OT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scotsmanron

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Florida
I know that this is somewhat OT so I'll make it brief. I'm getting a new PC and I want to turn my old one into a WiFi media center PC. Does anyone know of any good sites, as good as this one :D that can give me the skinny on what to do and what I need so that I can integrate it with my sat receiver and other equipment?

TIA

Thegreenbutton.com for all things media center. Not sure why you would wnat to use your hr20 with media center though. Can't record satellite HD with media center only ota and very few models wil now work with cablecard. Not to say you cannot record from the hr20 it just wont be in hd. Iuse a media center pc in my bedroom and in the theater with sd irds. Media center imo by far has the best dvr interface out there. As soon as the direcv pci cards come out I wil have media center pcs in every room that has a tv.

Thanks for the reply.

No, it's not to record from the HR20. I just want to be able to have it hooked up in the setup. My "real" media center PC is going to be in my library about 50 feet away. I wanted to wirelessly send movie files and the like to the hard drive of the other PC. BUT, the old PC will need to be able to send a signal to TWO TVs, that are very close to each other, but in different rooms. In no case would both TVs be using my old PCs capabilities at the same time.

I'm just not smart enough to know how to hook up an HR20, a PC and the home theater receiver all at the same time. I figure I'm going to have to replace the video card with an HD one for sure. After that I don't think I'll need much.

Has D* even announced a PCI card in the works yet??????

Has anyone ever tried using one of these to capture HD from?

Blackmagic Design: Intensity

I believe the card will not decrypt HDCP but it would be nice if we could archive HD broadcast from our satellite boxes. If someone were able to interface this with MCE (and your hardware was powerful enough) then you could have the perfect media center PC.

Ignore my last post, I just found out that you can't get an HD signal to a media center PC yet. That went back to my original post of just wanting to be able to wire everything together.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)