HR20 Hard Drive Upgrade

Have you upgraded the hard drive in your HR20 or plan to?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yup HD :)These are MPEG4 as they do not show up on my MPEG2 receivers and are up all the time... this is my first Directv HD PPV and first Directv PPV in years ;) I have ordered 3 from Dish in the last 3 months. Back OT, I have 4-320 gig drives full and another 1/2 way with Dish, now starting with Direct External's :D

Yup HD :)These are MPEG4 as they do not show up on my MPEG2 receivers and are up all the time... this is my first Directv HD PPV and first Directv PPV in years ;) I have ordered 3 from Dish in the last 3 months. Back OT, I have 4-320 gig drives full and another 1/2 way with Dish, now starting with Direct External's :D
You have waaaaay to much time if you have all that stuff recorded ...
What will you do with all of that, I can only watch a movie 2-3 times before I don't want to see it again.

Jimbo

Packrat, I got that from my mother ;) when she passed away I realized that... one dish drive is filling with shows from NBC and 1 from ABC that when I get a chance to watch will be deleted...the others have movies, one is filling up with Dallas Cowboys games in HD for this season, all but the Jets game in HD...One has Scifi, With Dish you can move individual programs to the External drive.( I work 14-15 12Hr days a month, when off I have time)

Packrat, I got that from my mother ;) when she passed away I realized that... one dish drive is filling with shows from NBC and 1 from ABC that when I get a chance to watch will be deleted...the others have movies, one is filling up with Dallas Cowboys games in HD for this season, all but the Jets game in HD...One has Scifi, With Dish you can move individual programs to the External drive.( I work 14-15 12Hr days a month, when off I have time)

The ch99 HD PPV channel is MPEG2, the other HD PPV's are MPEG4.

So, should we tell you that the Cowboys are having a real good season, or did I just blow it for you ????
btw, are you recording the Boys now on NFL Network ?

Thanks Rad,
Like I said, I don't order PPV's so it was not something had thought about !

Jimbo

Last edited:
Like I said, I don't order PPV's so it was not something had thought about !

Jimbo

I think I've order 1 HD PPV before they added all the additional channels, since then I've order a couple that my NetFlix queue had on long or very long wait.

My mother, who always wants to go to the movies, but cannot sit still long enough to watch one at home ... Floored me the other day and told me she waants to see "Hairspray" when it's out at MY place, I asked her why, she said she wanted to see it on my Big Screen, I was shocked. I have a pretty new 60" Pioneer Elite Plasma.
I told her, why doesn't she wait till Christmas and she can watch it on her own 42" Pioneer Elite Plasma I bought for them for Christmas (they already knew I was getting it for them, I has to OK it with them first before I was going to spend that kind of money.)

Anyone know anything about "Hairspray" is it any good, is it on PPV yet ?
If I buy it on PPV and watch it, it is on my recorder till I get rid of it I hope. Does D* delete them even if we purchased them, or is that just if you record it and don't watch it in time ?

Jimbo

OK, Hairspray is on channel 161
161 says in the guide :
161 PPV, not like some of the other ones that say 135 PPVHD for example.
Next to it it says "Hairspray " HD

Is this not a PPV HD channel, it doesn't say it on the guide, but does next to the movie, so which is it and how can I be sure.
I don't want to order it if it's NOT HD.

Anyone know anything about it ?

Jimbo

OK, Hairspray is on channel 161
161 says in the guide :
161 PPV, not like some of the other ones that say 135 PPVHD for example.
Next to it it says "Hairspray " HD

Is this not a PPV HD channel, it doesn't say it on the guide, but does next to the movie, so which is it and how can I be sure.
I don't want to order it if it's NOT HD.

Anyone know anything about it ?

Jimbo
The only HD PPV channel that I see it currently playing on is 178. Next showing starts at 11PM Central.

Go to your DirecTv account, click on PPV then log in and it should show for sure, (can't access my HR20 here)

The only HD PPV channel that I see it currently playing on is 178. Next showing starts at 11PM Central.

Thanks guys,
I think when I go to the guide and it shows $3.99 it should be HD, am I right about this ?
Is this movie any good, anyone seen it ?

edit: 178 said 4.99 so I guess the other channel was NOT HD even though it said so in the guide info.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts