HR21/700 No Meter Audio Feedback

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diansul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Texas
On my HR21/700, I can't get the audio feedback on the transponder signal strength meters to work.

Do I just have a forgotten setting turned off, or is there some other explanation?

Thanks!

I've got the sound effects set to Medium. Incidentally, I've made sure the TV audio is not muted, and the volume is up. I can hear the "error" sound effect when a key is pressed that can't do anything when on the signal strength screen; the signal strength bars are showing appropriately, there's just no sound.

This issue is really not a big deal, I just don't understand what is going on.

On my HR21/700, I can't get the audio feedback on the transponder signal strength meters to work.

Do I just have a forgotten setting turned off, or is there some other explanation?

Thanks!

It has been my experience that the Audio portion does not work, ever since they went to the D* branded rec'rs I don't think I've ever had it work.

However, that doesn't effect the signal meters itself, just makes it not as easy to set up with only one person.

I'm puzzled if this is a problem that affects a lot of receivers, since it seems to be a fixable firmware issue. On the other hand, if DirecTv has decided that it's not necessary to repair the audio feedback issue, then mention of that should be removed from the receiver's information screens. It is really irritating to try to get a function working that is just not ever going to work.

Thanks for the information from all.

I'm puzzled if this is a problem that affects a lot of receivers, since it seems to be a fixable firmware issue. On the other hand, if DirecTv has decided that it's not necessary to repair the audio feedback issue, then mention of that should be removed from the receiver's information screens. It is really irritating to try to get a function working that is just not ever going to work.

Thanks for the information from all.

It's possibly another reason that D* would like thuier guys to do the installs.... none of them use the Audio tones anymore, they all have a signal meter that they hook to the LNB instead, so they don't even need to have the rec'r to set up the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts