HR24 whole home setup still good or time to upgrade??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmm, if you call passing data to an RVU TV, as supporting 4K, then not m,such I can do there.
Well, since you need a Genie to support rvu to display 4K, then yes, a Genie supports 4K. It just can't yet do it by itself.

Well, I can clearly see that you are the person pulling the strings for D* making these choices with these last several posts.
Therefore, your right and were wrong ... even though we've been dealing with D* for some 15 years now.

Thank you for your expertise.
I don't pull any strings, I jus happen to know how they work internally.

Peace.

I don't pull any strings, I jus happen to know how they work internally.

Peace.
I'm glad to know that we have the person that determines if I get a HR44 or am sent a HR34 instead.

Fwiw, there are PLENTY of D* EMPLOYEES here, I doubt you have any more input than them.

I'm glad to know that we have the person that determines if I get a HR44 or am sent a HR34 instead.
No, I am not. But I do know their polices. My comment was not made to start a piss off match. This my last post on this subject.

Peace.

Yup. just search 4K on your Smart TV YT app

Since youtube is being removed as an app from smart tvs as well as Directv and other boxes, the answer is no, you can't get 4K from a youtube app on a tv, or at least you won't be able to very soon.

Reactions: Jimbo
I suggest you do number 3.

Add a genie and keep 3 hr24's

You gain a faster 5 tuner receiver and lose nothing.

Ditto. I started with four HR-24's and swapped out of the HR-24's for a Genie HR-44 and lost nothing. Gained three additional tuners and a faster machine. I'd suggest you do the same.

just know the tech who comes to do your upgrade is silently cursing you for having to run 3 more cables from the dish :). plus it never looks as good as a single cable, which is easy to hide in siding corner channels.

I would do #3, I have 1 HR44, and 2 HR24s, when it comes times I may upgrade from a Mini Genie to a HD or HD DVR.

just know the tech who comes to do your upgrade is silently cursing you for having to run 3 more cables from the dish :). plus it never looks as good as a single cable, which is easy to hide in siding corner channels.
Not if he's worth his while of a tech.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)