HERE TO HELP YOU!
Systems in this CE
[strike]HR20-100[/strike] • HR20-700 •
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR23-700 • R22-100 • R22-200

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, March 6, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, March 7, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! DirecTV Cutting Edge Program: Terms, FAQ, How-To, Hidden Features, and More

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the CE Chat on Friday nights:
cechat.satelliteguys.us

-----------------

The Contents of this CE Download: (Differences based on last National Release)

• Items from CE:19:01 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:19:02 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:19:03 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:19:04 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:19:05 Moderate Risk

New features

• 02 - New System Test and Info Screen
  • 02 - {FORMAT} button enabled while playing 1080p content

Improved/Updated

• 01 - Recording robustness
  • 01 - Support for more actors in programs
  • 01 - Video issues playing back 1080p content at lower resolutions.
  • 01 - Audio drops/out of synch after using trickplay and jumping to bookmarks on MPEG4 HD channels.
  • 01 - Mediashare:
    • Issues with only 1 photo in the photo playlist.
    • Incorrect duration for large audio files.
    • Other Mediashare fixes/tweaks.
  • 01 - Misc. UI fixes/tweaks
  • 01 - XM channels:
    • Loss of background image
    • No music info when exiting screensaver
  • 02 - Corrected missing HD icon in My Playlist
  • 02 - Improved HD icon with manual recordings
  • 02 - Improved consecutive channel ups
  • 02 - MediaShare: Fixed aspect ratio
  • 02 - MediaShare: Improved Trick Play bar
  • 02 - Improved stability with interactive channels
  • 03 - Fixed occasional searching for satellite signal when tuning HR20-700
  • 03 - Fixed video freeze up when using Trick Play HR20-700
  • 03 - Fixed loss of background when using Interactive Applications
  • 03 - Improved Interrupted Manual Recording Display
  • 04 - MediaShare:
    • 04 - Lockups when viewing pictures.
    • 04 - Lockups when viewing streaming video.
    • 04 - Aspect ratio changes when streaming video.
  • 04 - Set Top Box tunes to channel 201 after software download.
  • 04 - Audio Synching on HD recordings after jumping to bookmarks.
  • 04 - Parental Control lock causing DOD Homepage viewing issues.
  • 04 - DOD program search program info takes you to wrong screen.
  • 04 - “Sluggish” UI behavior – especially in DOD navigation.
  • 04 - QuickMenu/On Demand addition options added.
  • 04 - Added remote codes.
  • 05 - MediaShare: Improved display for songs/titles
  • 05 - Fixed Blue flash when performing Trick Play on live TV
  • 05 - Fixed Keep at Most setting
  • 05 - OSD improvements for PPV
  • 05 - OSD improvements for deleting in To Do List

Notes

• You will lose you guide cache when going between national and this release
  • When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as your TV model number
  • Please make sure to first attempt to tune to an OTA channel before running an OTA signal strength system test

Be sure to double check your full model number before forcing a download

Last edited:
I am assuming that since these are for the H and HR series Rx's do they all also include HR21P? We use these almost exclusively in all our installs.

Were also can I find in detail all the fixes for the H20 when it goes into searching for signal at random time when we have -21.6db and 94 in signal on over all average at all of our sites. Most we deploy over SMOF even the SWM set ups as well. We use just the H20 for XM music on the auto routers. Thanks

had the looking for new software message for about 3 minutes then the download began. i'll report any issues tomorrow. good night,all :)

DK: 20090307-15C6
HR21-100

This CE is very solid. Playback functions have improved.

I am assuming that since these are for the H and HR series Rx's do they all also include HR21P? We use these almost exclusively in all our installs.

Were also can I find in detail all the fixes for the H20 when it goes into searching for signal at random time when we have -21.6db and 94 in signal on over all average at all of our sites. Most we deploy over SMOF even the SWM set ups as well. We use just the H20 for XM music on the auto routers. Thanks
I'm not going to attempt to answer this, perhaps someone will chime in or we can pass on to Directv...

I am assuming that since these are for the H and HR series Rx's do they all also include HR21P?

yes. the HR21PRO is listed and usually is listed in these CE trials.

I'm still noticing cracking/popping in the audio while changing channels.

HR22-100 -> HDMI 1.3a -> Samsung LNT4051

I've tried with both Dolby Digital on and off on the HR22.

I'm still noticing cracking/popping in the audio while changing channels.

HR22-100 -> HDMI 1.3a -> Samsung LNT4051

I've tried with both Dolby Digital on and off on the HR22.

did you send a report through the MISC menu? if you did it would be great if you could post the diagnostic key number here to help directv. if you haven't sent a report,you really should. :)

did you send a report through the MISC menu? if you did it would be great if you could post the diagnostic key number here to help directv. if you haven't sent a report,you really should. :)

Sending the report now.

Diagnostic Key: 20090307-27AE

Oh... while in the Misc. Options, I noticed that the HR22 had the option to turn on MultiRoomDVR. Since I only have one DVR, and can't test, does this mean that the HR22's can now see each other for MRV?

Oh... while in the Misc. Options, I noticed that the HR22 had the option to turn on MultiRoomDVR. Since I only have one DVR, and can't test, does this mean that the HR22's can now see each other for MRV?

No (sorry). IIRC if you turn it on in the network/advanced settings there is now a field to specify a 'friendly name' for the DVR.

I see an overall improvement in the channel up or down function but seems to be longer than usual lag time once you select a channel until that channel actually appears. The guide and playlist are working well and for the first time in 6 months the caller ID feature seems to be working:).

DK: 20090307-15C6
HR21-100

This CE is very solid. Playback functions have improved.

issues today with bookmarks. without going through the process, when skipping forward, just on the first press it goes directly to the end of the recording. this only happens while the dvr is recording another program at the time.

Having trouble changing to 264 BBCA using center position in QuickTune. Channel/program banner comes up but picture is black and no audio. Using channel up/down or numbers to go to a different channel and back gets 264 tuned in.

Sent report #20080313-AA3.

issues today with bookmarks. without going through the process, when skipping forward, just on the first press it goes directly to the end of the recording. this only happens while the dvr is recording another program at the time.

HR21-100 with AM21 -- I have experienced this since signing up with D* last July no matter the software release. It only does it about 10% of the time but my wife and I watch 90% of our shows time-shifted and there's nothing worse than skipping forward and finding that you're at the end of the recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts