HR34/C31 System Test

Status
Please reply by conversation.

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Can anyone run the "System Test" on the HR34/C31 without a failure? When I run this test I always get "Test failed, Diagnostic code 79860, Playback Errors due to dropped connections...". Directv tells me this is "Normal" with all kinds of BS explanations. I am practically experiencing every problem ever reported here plus more. Yes, I know about resetting & unplugging, it doesn't help!

The "dropped connections" error isn't always an error, it reports each time you switch the C31 off as a dropped connection. It's a bug that DirecTV is going to have to fix at some point.

You didn't answer my question and I am tired of people trying to excuse the poor performance of the HR34/C31!

Last edited:
Really, here is the question again.

Can anyone run the "System Test" on the HR34/C31 without a failure?

You didn't answer my question and I am tried of people trying to excuse the poor performance of the HR34/C31!
Diagnostic tests are typically to identify problems that are extraordinary (defective/failed hardware, corrupt firmware, communications issues). Since the issues you describe aren't particularly extraordinary, it is little wonder that your diagnostic results are inconclusive.

The real problem may be that you didn't wait long enough to adopt the technology.

You will almost always get that error when you run the system test...

I am still waiting for a simple answer; can anyone with the Genie (HR34) and a client (C31) run the "System Test" without a failure, yes or no? I am not asking for anyone's opinion why would you fail this test. I have numerous problems with the C31 since day one (~2 months ago) and can never pass this test without "Network Playback Errors ...".

Unless you leave your C31 powered on for over a week, never turning it off, you will get the network error failure during the self test. As others have said this is a bug in the test and every time you power off (or reset) your C31 it creates a dropped connection error which causes the failure in the test. THIS IS NOT AN OPINION BUT A FACT THAT IT IS A BUG IN CODE.

I am still waiting for a simple answer; can anyone with the Genie (HR34) and a client (C31) run the "System Test" without a failure, yes or no? I am not asking for anyone's opinion why would you fail this test. I have numerous problems with the C31 since day one (~2 months ago) and can never pass this test without "Network Playback Errors ...".

Yes i can run my system test on my genie with no errors.

But only with no other clients or receivers connected to trigger the bug you refuse to acknowledge exists that everyone here has told you about thusfar.

If you dont like it, then call in, and pay 99 to have the client swapped for an h25

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I certainly can't. I don't think anyone else can either. I don't know why you are asking, I've told you why you get failures....and so have other people.

I certainly can't. I don't think anyone else can either. I don't know why you are asking, I've told you why you get failures....and so have other people.

Reread what i said and when im able to get no error, it was poorly worded sarcasam since no client would be in that example. And i confirm the bug as well.

Reread what i said and when im able to get no error, it was poorly worded sarcasam since no client would be in that example. And i confirm the bug as well.

Problem is the OP doesn't like the answer and wants a different one. He jumped on the Genie system after reading the issue and regrets it now from what I see, I could be wrong though. I agree with you kitty, pony up $99+$49 and get an HD receiver to replace the client.

Sorry, I read what you said. I was replying to the OP...

Im not 100% sure but i think the problem is with the client and not the genie itself with this particular bug. So yea.. swap the client to a hd if it bothers ya that much.

But what do we know.. were just installers lol.

Im not 100% sure but i think the problem is with the client and not the genie itself with this particular bug. So yea.. swap the client to a hd if it bothers ya that much.

But what do we know.. were just installers lol.

;)

Yes, under extraordinary circumstances it is possible that the test will pass as anecdotal testimony proves.

If you don't have a client it will pass (obviously).
If you have a client and never switch it off and never download new software to the client it will pass.

Can anyone run the "System Test" on the HR34/C31 without a failure? When I run this test I always get "Test failed, Diagnostic code 79860, Playback Errors due to dropped connections...". Directv tells me this is "Normal" with all kinds of BS explanations. I am practically experiencing every problem ever reported here plus more. Yes, I know about resetting & unplugging, it doesn't help!

The system test is a tool for installers. Not meant to tell the customer anything. If you are having problems with your Directv system call and have a service call created.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts