HR44 availability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband1985

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Tn
Can anyone confirm HR44 is available in the Nashville Tn area? Need to know before I sign up.

With "8" days left with the current sign up savings deal, I wonder if we will hear more once this deal is done?

Maybe to move HR34's out with current deal, or maybe they have nothing to do with each other.

I also read in a thread about using the same name, which I think is going to confuse the CSRs as I'm not sure they know what an HR34 even is since they call it the genie.

I pulled the trigger and made the switch today. I spoke with a very friendly rep about the HR44 of which she knew nothing about. I explained that it still very new but I would need it in order to switch as the cabinet that it will be going is much too small for the current Genie.

I was placed on hold for a few minutes and she came back with a plan to have the tech install the main unit in a bedroom, and to have an RVU placed in the living room.

I politely said that I was in no hurry to make the switch, and would rather wait until the new units were available. I was placed on hold again (less than a minute) and a supervisor came back on the line and said he was going to overnight the new HR44 to the installer for a 1 dollar shipping fee. Needless to say I accepted his offer and have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow.

Thus far I am very impressed with the customer service I have received. Now all that is left is the dreaded call to dish to cancel. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I pulled the trigger and made the switch today. I spoke with a very friendly rep about the HR44 of which she knew nothing about. I explained that it still very new but I would need it in order to switch as the cabinet that it will be going is much too small for the current Genie.

I was placed on hold for a few minutes and she came back with a plan to have the tech install the main unit in a bedroom, and to have an RVU placed in the living room.

I politely said that I was in no hurry to make the switch, and would rather wait until the new units were available. I was placed on hold again (less than a minute) and a supervisor came back on the line and said he was going to overnight the new HR44 to the installer for a 1 dollar shipping fee. Needless to say I accepted his offer and have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow.

Thus far I am very impressed with the customer service I have received. Now all that is left is the dreaded call to dish to cancel. Wish me luck.

Congrats and enjoy!! :)

What's your reason why you're canceling dish? I'm thinking mine is no espn u in hd, Disney jr, no full time rsn channels. Only issue with canceling for me is the wife likes how easy it is to record and also likes that it doesn't go out as much as directv did. So I'm at a stand still here.

Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer," but make sure that the HR44 is on the installer's truck when he shows up. Ask him if he has it before he starts the install,& if he doesn't,tell him you want to hold off until he has one with him.

Also, I wouldn't cancel Dish until you know you have the HR44.

Thats hilarious.... Theres no way to overnight a receiver to an installer... Straight bs line im afraid. Your best bet is to have them add notes to the work order that state "only install hr44, call to reschedule if not available." And again ask the tech when he gets there if he has it.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

What's your reason why you're canceling dish? I'm thinking mine is no espn u in hd, Disney jr, no full time rsn channels. Only issue with canceling for me is the wife likes how easy it is to record and also likes that it doesn't go out as much as directv did. So I'm at a stand still here.

The main reason for leaving dish is their lack of sports programing, and horrible on demand. The reason we were with them at as was due to the fact that Directv did not have hd locals for my market, and as of a few months ago that was fixed.

Also while I do prefer the UI dish offers I do not like the idea of not having a unified set of timers if I were to go with a two hopper setup. (Three tuners would not cut it in my household).

I am we'll aware that there is a chance for a Snafu with the install, and the supervisor reminded me to confirm with the installer that he has the HR44 in hand, and even told me to hold off on the Dish termination until I am all setup and happy.

I will check in tomorrow with an update.

The main reason for leaving dish is their lack of sports programing, and horrible on demand. The reason we were with them at as was due to the fact that Directv did not have hd locals for my market, and as of a few months ago that was fixed. Also while I do prefer the UI dish offers I do not like the idea of not having a unified set of timers if I were to go with a two hopper setup. (Three tuners would not cut it in my household). I am we'll aware that there is a chance for a Snafu with the install, and the supervisor reminded me to confirm with the installer that he has the HR44 in hand, and even told me to hold off on the Dish termination until I am all setup and happy. I will check in tomorrow with an update. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So did you ever get installed???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts