Status
Please reply by conversation.

hedbert

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Apple Valley, MN
Greetings-
I know the talk about the shipping date for the HR44 is officially a few weeks out. I am just wondering if anyone has seen them start to flow into the distribution chain?

There have been reports at dbstalk from installers that say they have seen them in warehouses.

There have been reports at dbstalk from installers that say they have seen them in warehouses.

I haven't been looking around but I'm pretty sure we only have 2. Both are being used in the warehouse for training and running the 41's throughout the warehouse

whenever they do come out i may need to find a way to replace my 34 with a 44. this thing was never as fast as my 24 but it wasn't too bad. but the last couple of months it's almost unbearable. It's a shame because i didn't pay a dime for it and now who knows what it may cost me to "upgrade". i know solid signal may have these in the $300 range but i plan to try with directv first.

whenever they do come out i may need to find a way to replace my 34 with a 44. this thing was never as fast as my 24 but it wasn't too bad. but the last couple of months it's almost unbearable. It's a shame because i didn't pay a dime for it and now who knows what it may cost me to "upgrade". i know solid signal may have these in the $300 range but i plan to try with directv first.
Would you giving more details on the slow comment?
Please give more details in what’s slow
I have a 34 and do not see it.

Would you giving more details on the slow comment?
Please give more details in what’s slow
I have a 34 and do not see it.

most commands there is a lag from when i press a button on the remote to when the dvr responds. in the guide,menu and pretty much everything else. reminds me of that dreadful HR21 I once had. i've had this issue since the last national software update. never expected it to be as fast as the 24 but this has gotten ridiculous.

most commands there is a lag from when i press a button on the remote to when the dvr responds. in the guide,menu and pretty much everything else. reminds me of that dreadful HR21 I once had. i've had this issue since the last national software update. never expected it to be as fast as the 24 but this has gotten ridiculous.
I do not see that now the client is a little slow but not the hr34.
It does go through remote batteries fast if it starts to slow I just put in new batteries
I have a 24 and a 34 do not see any difference at all.

I do not see that now the client is a little slow but not the hr34.
It does go through remote batteries fast if it starts to slow I just put in new batteries
I have a 24 and a 34 do not see any difference at all.

well i'm glad to hear that. seriously i'm not being sarcastic, i don't wish this annoyance on anyone. i'm hoping directv can resolve it since i'm pretty sure it's software related and am not the only one complaining about this.

well i'm glad to hear that. seriously i'm not being sarcastic, i don't wish this annoyance on anyone. i'm hoping directv can resolve it since i'm pretty sure it's software related and am not the only one complaining about this.
You’re going to think I am being sarcastic but when did you change your batteries?
Theirs 4 people in my office now drinking coffee and none have that problem with the hr34.
Now the client, yes slow and needs improvement it’s a big difference
I hope the next software improves it for you.

You’re going to think I am being sarcastic but when did you change your batteries?
Theirs 4 people in my office now drinking coffee and none have that problem with the hr34.
Now the client, yes slow and needs improvement it’s a big difference
I hope the next software improves it for you.

no worries :) . yeah the batteries are fine. as far as clients go i don't have any in my set up.

i realize some are not having these issues but back in the days of the HR20-23 there were those who had lag issues and others who didn't. Some maybe don't have something else to compare to when it comes to dvr's and wouldn't see the problem. trust me, last thing I want is to shell out cash for a 44. i would rather this one work properly. i appreciate the help powerhouse.

I agree, i hate my client, but the 34 isnt so bad, hutch, do you know if the rc65 remotes still work with the 44/41s? Id imagine rf would at least. I just hate the new remote design. In general

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, i hate my client, but the 34 isnt so bad, hutch, do you know if the rc65 remotes still work with the 44/41s? Id imagine rf would at least. I just hate the new remote design. In general

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Actually it's the other way round. The RC65 will work with the HR44/C41s in IR but not in RF, the control system in RF of the new boxes is quite different from the old ones.

Actually it's the other way round. The RC65 will work with the HR44/C41s in IR but not in RF, the control system in RF of the new boxes is quite different from the old ones.

well thats not good news, i require RF for my home setup, and just hate these new remotes. I read in the documentation that the old remotes were still compatible, ah well, guess Ill figure something out, I wanted the 44 for the sake of the external power supply :)

The new remote will certainly take some getting used to. Biggest complaint is the lack of a "stop" button. And there are lots of bugs in the firmware at the moment.

Greetings-
So my DirecTv Tech showed up this morning! On Time! Polite! Happy to see him!! Under his arm was a HR44!!!!!! He questioned how I knew about the HR44 and I mentioned CES and this site. The install is currently underway and he is currently on the roof upgrading the LNB and SWM switches. He said they have had the HR44 for only 2 days and this is his 2nd install. I would be happy to update the forum later with a quick hands on review.

no worries :) . yeah the batteries are fine. as far as clients go i don't have any in my set up.

i realize some are not having these issues but back in the days of the HR20-23 there were those who had lag issues and others who didn't. Some maybe don't have something else to compare to when it comes to dvr's and wouldn't see the problem. trust me, last thing I want is to shell out cash for a 44. i would rather this one work properly. i appreciate the help powerhouse.

Rey,
Maybe you can explain just what you said here to D* and they may work with you, knowing that you've had issues with the 34.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts