HR54 - 4K Genie FIRST LOOK

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The information matches what Scott shared a few months ago, and the general consensus on the SWM-7 is that it will be used for transpoder bonding for live 4k.

Same hard drive, same speed, same interface (except up-rezed on 4k sets to 2160p, but interface appears the same).

uploadfromtaptalk1438908202498.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438908213112.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438908221746.jpg

Interesting that your model shows SWM7

From what I hear it is actually 13 tuners on the HR54 (Which is why DSWM is required), and it has a 2TB HDD not a 1TB. It is able to power 8 mini's at once for signal, and combined with the C51, it can bring 4K to more than just the Genie's TV. The pictures you have are from the Alpha release which was already chopped up and rebuilt multiple times. The latest rendition from what I understand has both the WVB and GenieGo built into it to compete with the newer Hopper system.

Not to mention right now it is rumored to be a Q4 2015 release date so far, DirecTv is claiming the two new Genies to come out by the end of the year, both the H44 Genie Lite, and the H54 Gen3 Genie.

I can't believe they didn't add the 2TB drive, the Hopper has had one since it came out.

I don't use PTAT so it doesn't bother me. Get a Genie!
That's why I'm on this Forum. Another one of my Hoppers failed losing my recordings. Including a TV show my deceased son was on. The fourth Hopper. I don't beleive in buying an External Hard Drive. I'm even looking at Comcast (ouch). They now have cloud storage.

I'm feeling around for a deal. I really like the Hopper but am tired of the failures. I am looking hard at Direct. Also I need a change. Sorry if I went off topic.

As a Hopper user, 1TB of that is useless for me. It's only for Prime Time Any Time which I don't use.
Thats not true anymore. Before it use to use its own space but now it uses the common space. So if you turn PTAT off you have more drive space to use.

That's why I'm on this Forum. Another one of my Hoppers failed losing my recordings. Including a TV show my deceased son was on. The fourth Hopper. I don't beleive in buying an External Hard Drive. I'm even looking at Comcast (ouch). They now have cloud storage.

I'm feeling around for a deal. I really like the Hopper but am tired of the failures. I am looking hard at Direct. Also I need a change. Sorry if I went off topic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)